• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 40 sandwiches

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score

Grilled Cheese, grilled bacon egg and cheese, BLT, turkey club and Tuna melt in Top 10? What a joke!

BLT's are the almighty. What are you talking about?

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring...each of the components is a role player on other sandwiches. Combining three role players doesn't make a star. :)

I feel like sandwiches are an underrated drunk food. I had one a few months back after hanging out at the bar and it really hit the spot. Feel like more late night spots should serve sandwiches.

Bahn mi is a great sandwich. Happy to see it in the top 5.

Roast pork an omission.

Patty melt is a great sandwich I often forget about.

I normally don't care for lists or rankings, but sandwiches are sine qua non to me so...

To take off the list:

The Thanksgiving - I'd consider leaving it at the bottom of the list if you omit the cranberry sauce
Tuna melt - not even worthy of a comment
Egg Salad - not even worthy of a comment
PB&J - I'm over 10 years old.
Chicken salad - just say no to any "salad" sandwich
Bologna - see PB&J. I haven't tried any premium imported German bologna, that may make it worthy.
Liverwurst - yuck

Missing:
Fried fish - need something for Friday
Pimento cheese - With the right components, this is top 10
Kaati - this list is rather Euro (that is - white) centric. I lived off of Kaatis for a time.
Francesinha - I had my first one of these recently. Outstanding.

That's not a straight 1 for 1 swap for everything I'd take out, but I don't care to devote more time to thinking about this.

What I have yet to try:
Tonkatsu
Kentucky Hot Brown

To get back to the Eurocentric nature of the list, it seems lazy to simply include a generic bahn mi and torta. There are specifics of either that would be top 10 or even top 5 worthy.

Ranked too high but still top 40
Bacon egg cheese - make this a sausage or chorizo, egg and cheese and maybe I'd keep it top 10.
Grilled cheese with ghetto cheese should drop out of top 40. With a great melting cheese, it's ranked appropriately.

Ranked too low
Caprese
Falafel pita

Last edited:
where is the hot dog? not including the hot dog invalidates this list.

Thanksgiving can move way down. Reuben way too low.

I normally don't care for lists or rankings, but sandwiches are sine qua non to me so...

To take off the list:

The Thanksgiving - I'd consider leaving it at the bottom of the list if you omit the cranberry sauce
Tuna melt - not even worthy of a comment
Egg Salad - not even worthy of a comment
PB&J - I'm over 10 years old.
Chicken salad - just say no to any "salad" sandwich
Bologna - see PB&J. I haven't tried any premium imported German bologna, that may make it worthy.
Liverwurst - yuck

Missing:
Fried fish - need something for Friday
Pimento cheese - With the right components, this is top 10
Kaati - this list is rather Euro (that is - white) centric. I lived off of Kaati's for a time.
Francesinha - I had my first one of these recently. Outstanding.

That's not a straight 1 for 1 swap for everything I'd take out, but I don't care to devote more time to thinking about this.

What I have yet to try:
Tonkatsu
Kentucky Hot Brown

To get back to the Eurocentric nature of the list, it seems lazy to simply include a generic bahn mi and torta. There are specifics of either that would be top 10 or even top 5 worthy.

Ranked too high but still top 40
Bacon egg cheese - make this a sausage or chorizo, egg and cheese and maybe I'd keep it top 10.
Grilled cheese with ghetto cheese should drop out of top 40. With a great melting cheese, it's ranked appropriately.

Ranked too low
Caprese
Falafel pita

The Wife makes a mean pimento cheese sandwich.

I'm tempted to go down to the local Jewish deli and grab a reuben. Love those, but they can go downhill fast if the bread gets soggy.

Just have never gotten into corned beef/pastrami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back