• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is a Manhattan a girlie drink?

Is a Manhattan a girlie drink?

• Total voters
Well that's dumb. The stem on the glass prevents your hand from warming the drink since there's no ice in it. Serving a cocktail in a rocks glass sans rocks will just get you a warm Manhattan.

They just need to keep a couple of these behind the bar.

19c82bc6-0f2c-4667-b3a6-89bb6c7bbb4b_1.1bae0085aedcd9b5a29f83fd4fdc5311.jpeg

It's an alcoholic beverage, it doesn't inherently have feminine nor masculine attributes.

I have a hard time drinking out of martini glasses because it sloshes around so easily.

It's an alcoholic beverage, it doesn't inherently have feminine nor masculine attributes.

Sounds like someone is trying defend drinking grasshoppers and brandy Alexanders at the last tailgate.

The Black Pelican in kitty hawk has this awesome drink for kids, the "shirley shark"

it's shirley temple but they serve the grenadine inside a toy shark and you pour it in at the table.

My wife did introduce me to Manhattans but they are definitely not a girlie drink. She only likes them with VO and a dash of sweet vermouth. My go to is 3 parts bulleit bourbon, 1 part sweet vermouth, and bitters.

Had some Luxardo cherry liquer lying around and found a recipe for a Manhattan with bourbon (or rye), sweet vermouth, luxardo liquer and orange bitters -- delicious.

So are you guys shaking your manhattans or stirring them? I'm a snob about stirring mine, but not so much as to tell someone they're wrong for doing it the other way.

So are you guys shaking your manhattans or stirring them? I'm a snob about stirring mine, but not so much as to tell someone they're wrong for doing it the other way.

Well, if someone is shaking a Manhattan they are wrong so it would be ok to tell them such.

Luxardo cherries make the manhattan. Woodford's cherries are good too. I spoon a tiny bit of the cherry syrup in as well, and less sweet vermouth. I have also been trying to make a manhattan with a touch of fernet in it but have not found a ratio that I love. Perhaps it's a bad match.

Luxardo cherries make the manhattan. Woodford's cherries are good too. I spoon a tiny bit of the cherry syrup in as well, and less sweet vermouth. I have also been trying to make a manhattan with a touch of fernet in it but have not found a ratio that I love. Perhaps it's a bad match.

This. The wife gave me a jar for Christmas last year and I haven't looked back.

Back