• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is a Manhattan a girlie drink?

Is a Manhattan a girlie drink?

• Total voters
Did the person who said it know what's in a Manhattan? They're obviously not as manly as straight whiskey, but I feel like a lot of ignorant people hear a named cocktail and figure it's the equivalent of a Cosmo

Manly drink. And Rye is a fantastic choice for your Manhattan or your Old Fashioned.

Cosmos have ruined the image of the cocktail glass.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

She did, actually. She said something along the lines of "real men drink their liquor straight." I don't really get that, because most people who drink liquor straight have it on the rocks, which weakens the taste much more than a little sweet vermouth. Also, I think having it up hurts the perception, but I don't like ice in my liquor drinks and I'm not going to so high maintenance to ask for it chilled but in a tumbler.

Maybe to be a real man I should just drink the rye straight out of the bottle.

Bottle? Intravenous bag...

Was having the exact drink last night. My wife loves them, but not a girly drink at all. And rye absolutely does not suck.

I drink my Manhattans on rocks. Sex and the City destroyed the martini glass.

Definitely not girlie. Getting it served up probably makes it slightly less masculine, but not anywhere close to girlie. Take that for what it's worth from the only (I think) female who participated in the boards Four Roses barrel pick.

And rye definitely does not suck.

seriously the most one sided poll I can remember and its 100% correct.

Another stupid opinion like that and RJ could get himself kicked out of the 3 Amigos.

Get it served down, no rocks. I think the martini glass plays a big part in the perception.

Well that's dumb. The stem on the glass prevents your hand from warming the drink since there's no ice in it. Serving a cocktail in a rocks glass sans rocks will just get you a warm Manhattan.

I drink my Manhattans on rocks. Sex and the City destroyed the martini glass.

Definitely not girlie. Getting it served up probably makes it slightly less masculine, but not anywhere close to girlie. Take that for what it's worth from the only (I think) female who participated in the boards Four Roses barrel pick.

And rye definitely does not suck.

Manhattan party with different types of bourbons and ryes...y'all in?

If your fragile masculinity means you can't enjoy a manhattan in a martini glass, you have bigger issues than your cocktail selection.

Back