• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Gotta go with the sophomore if the senior isn't clearly better.

So I will just start ignororing Creamy seeing as he believes he is right to the point he cant be questioned...there are plenty of business schools, good ones, hell even the place he originally committed to has a nationally accredited program..nuff said

and siff to address yours:

1. Can finish that degree anywhere with the possibility of playing more of the sport he clearly cant let go
2. Just because you are a competitor does not mean you deserve the job. All the other QBs are more physically ready, and more physically talented than John. ALL OF THEM. He knows he was the #2 behind a healthy Hinton this year, the spot is only going to be harder for him to gain.
3. I know this, and this explains why I have been debating against a brick wall for 7 pages. They did say I lost on page 2 though so whatever...

1. The sport he "can't let go"? The dude just won a bowl game by piling up enough points in just one half of playing time! Safe to say he's a legit QB at the major college level, it's not like he was simply steering a juggernaut of an offense (as we saw in the second half).

2. Nobody's saying he "deserves" the starting job, and for arguments sake maybe he knows he's behind Hinton on the depth chart, but you can't seriously be saying he's behind every other QB on the roster. If you only mean he's "physically" behind them all, then so what? This isn't a QB skills competition, there's more that goes into running an offense. Our coaches believed he was almost equal to Hinton and ahead of the others this season.

And the whole point about getting his degree from Wake can't be ignored. Sure there are many good business programs, but he should want to graduate from the most elite one he can, especially after putting in three years towards it. Plus the bond he's developed with his teammates and coaches, why leave all that for the possibility (there's no guarantee anywhere) of starting for just one season at a lesser level of football? Just doesn't add up to a no brainer decision, in fact it would seem on paper to be a poor decision. We'd respect his decision if he left, but we gotta respect and appreciate him for remaining a Deac and helping to win some more games in whatever role he plays.

Primacy/recency. You Wolford supporters forget all the shit you talked about him for 6 straight weeks.

Wolford has been playing at well less than 100% healthy those weeks. And in at least one game, had his prepared game plan compromised. Maybe there were more games where that was the case and we just haven't heard. He has at least shown the competence to be an ACC QB, even if he isn't an elite. Very few teams have truly elite QB's. Those that do are still playing.

Wolford has been playing at well less than 100% healthy those weeks. And in at least one game, had his prepared game plan compromised. Maybe there were more games where that was the case and we just haven't heard. He has at least shown the competence to be an ACC QB, even if he isn't an elite. Very few teams have truly elite QB's. Those that do are still playing.

9 TDs and 10 pics. 55% passing. The poop sheet has a good article which favors going with the young QBs.

Fuck you and your daughter.

The barrister hath spoken!

Ah, such eloquence. Your diction is impeccable.

I don't have a daughter, so that just leaves me. You're not behind the gaybone parody, are you?

Right here folks we appear to have a clinical case of Schizophrenia.

Feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Would Canadian at least acknowledge that Wolford played well in the first half of the bowl game?

All of the RB are tough guys too. There was some serious hitting going on, and they would work for the extra yard. On his 29 yard TD run, from the WF section, the hole left side of the field cleared and all we saw was Wolford and the pylon. He got on his horse and went for it. It was great play to watch develop.

I'm surprised no one has made this connection before: Look-alikes

a5ixkg.jpg
dwwia1.jpg

Last edited:
Thought he played well. Still not sure that based on the game plan Hinton would not have been better. Need to have enough confidence in Wolford to pass on third and 10 or just play the better runner.

Game plan needs to reflect a bit more confidence in Wolford.

^ agree. Not complaining about that win, but the play calling was oddly conservative at times given the returning experience on offense. Lots of runs and QB draws on second and long.

I think the staff was gunshy from the last BC game where Wake miscues deep in our own territory gave them a 10-0 lead out of the gate. Clawson played very conservative in that field position early due to his respect for BC's defense and not wanting a replay of 2016. Not pretty to see but understandable given series history.

Back