• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

^ agree. Not complaining about that win, but the play calling was oddly conservative at times given the returning experience on offense. Lots of runs and QB draws on second and long.

Hey guys, remember BC's strength was supposedly their defensive line. If we can beat them without showing our entire offense, so much the better. I'm sure we have more in our offensive playbook than we showed.

Hey guys, remember BC's strength was supposedly their defensive line. If we can beat them without showing our entire offense, so much the better. I'm sure we have more in our offensive playbook than we showed.

Feels like we've been saying that for several seasons now.

I don't mind the conservative play calling though, we won easily because of turnovers and controlling the game.

I'm surprised no one has made this connection before: Look-alikes

a5ixkg.jpg
dwwia1.jpg

He's a catch all for all white dudes. I've had someone tell me that I look like that dude.

Amazing how good Wolford is now that Elrod & McCartney aren't giving up our plays to the other teams isn't it! When I saw what he did in the first half of the bowl game against Temple with 28 points against a good defense before he got hurt, I knew this QB was going to be our starter. I just hope he stays healthy with his running style. But just in case, we do have Hinton as a great backup.

I think since we are still a team that relies on defense, field position and limiting mistakes, it just boils down to the coaching staff trusting Wolford more than Hinton. Odds are great we'll need Hinton at some point and maybe even Newman.

Wolford's play has made me more depressed about Hinton than positive about Wolford.

Obviously a small sample size, but he leads the ACC in QB Rating and played probably the best defense in the ACC already (if not the best, then certainly a top three).

Obviously a small sample size, but he leads the ACC in QB Rating and played probably the best defense in the ACC already (if not the best, then certainly a top three).

Didn't realize they were this highly regarded. That's good news for our offense and Johnny "the Wolf" Football.

Didn't realize they were this highly regarded. That's good news for our offense and Johnny "the Wolf" Football.

I think BC's front is about as good anybody, but I think we'll see more athletic back ends against Clemson and FSU.

They are ranked 17th in the nation according to Football Outsiders. This still carries some pre-season weight obviously, but their defense is going to be stout again.

Wake is ranked 20th defensively and 87th offensively.

They are ranked 17th in the nation according to Football Outsiders. This still carries some pre-season weight obviously, but their defense is going to be stout again.

Only 87th after scoring 82 points in 2 games?

If that holds up, it would be about the improvement we expected. Still hoping for better though.

Not sure what there is to be down on Wolford for. Sure we haven't played Alabama or Clemson, but he's above 70% completion percentage, has 4 touchdowns and no picks, and has carried the ball 26 times for 139 yards for two touchdowns through two games.

Only 87th after scoring 82 points in 2 games?

We moved up 10-15 spots already. It still has a good chunk of the preseason ratings in it, and I believe we started around 97th on offense and 26th on defense

Last edited:
Back