• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

I don't think anyone here will ever forget the ass raping we took at Clemson in 2004.

No question about ref bias at Death Valley. No question the PI called against us and the no call on mugging of Serigne at Alumni Stadium were bogus. ACC refs have a tough time not favoring the home crowd when Wake shows up and plays well. Seen this phenomena for years.

sad and true

Dortch is going to be really good, y'all. I'd love to see him in the backfield.

From the article I linked on the Gameday thread about Dortch's state championship game:

"I don't play running back much," Dortch said. "But when I get to, I love doing it."

Back to Wolford.

I give this kid a lot of credit for courage, perseverance, and heart. Got pounded his first 2 years from pathetic O line play and got similarly pounded on the boards. Kept getting back up, made no excuses/didn't play the blame game, and took ownership of his preparation/performance. His interviews demonstrate a mature, articulate, team-first young man. I hope he goes out with a good senior year - he certainly deserves it.

Yeah, hope they come up with a cure/help for CTE by the time Wolford gets old. That dude took an absolute beating for 2 (kind of 3) years. Hopefully our OL can at least look competent against the big boys this year.

A true heir of the legacy of WF QBs who played most of their careers on their backs looking at the sky beginning with Stormin' Norman Snead.

Back to Wolford.

I give this kid a lot of credit for courage, perseverance, and heart. Got pounded his first 2 years from pathetic O line play and got similarly pounded on the boards. Kept getting back up, made no excuses/didn't play the blame game, and took ownership of his preparation/performance. His interviews demonstrate a mature, articulate, team-first young man. I hope he goes out with a good senior year - he certainly deserves it.

Agree wholeheartedly. You can't help but root hard for this young man to achieve success based on what he's endured and the passion with which he plays.

Agree wholeheartedly. You can't help but root hard for this young man to achieve success based on what he's endured and the passion with which he plays.

Yeah and the good thing IMO regarding team chemistry is that Hinton can pretty much pencil in himself as a 2 year starter. That is unless a younger guy comes in guns blazing and rightfully earns a spot over him.

All of this is pretty premature though, as I anticipate Hinton getting his fair share of the snaps this season.

Yeah and the good thing IMO regarding team chemistry is that Hinton can pretty much pencil in himself as a 2 year starter. That is unless a younger guy comes in guns blazing and rightfully earns a spot over him.

All of this is pretty premature though, as I anticipate Hinton getting his fair share of the snaps this season.

Don't sleep on Newman.

With our schedule, offense/play calling, and the gauntlet of opponents, our OL, both player's size and injury histories- Wolford and Hinton will not play at 100 percent for long. Question is how badly banged up they get. Newman better stay loose and be ready. Personally, I think Wolford is better option now but it does not matter- Hinton gets his chance probably sooner than later. We all know he will. I want them all to succeed and take us bowling for dollars. Sure as hell don't want to lose to Sappy Appy.

With our schedule, offense/play calling, and the gauntlet of opponents, our OL, both player's size and injury histories- Wolford and Hinton will not play at 100 percent for long. Question is how badly banged up they get. Newman better stay loose and be ready. Personally, I think Wolford is better option now but it does not matter- Hinton gets his chance probably sooner than later. We all know he will. I want them all to succeed and take us bowling for dollars. Sure as hell don't want to lose to Sappy Appy.

Agree....and speaking of injuries, who got injured on the opening KO at BC and is he ok ?

Wolford's TD/Int ratio has gone from 12 TDs to 14 Ints as a freshman to 9/11, 9/10 to 6/0 so far this year. The teams 3rd down Pct is 47%. This is what I've been hoping for since he got here.

Well, that performance won't get him any Heisman votes, but that was a gutty, hang in there performance by Wolford. Lotta yards with his legs when they took his receivers away.

Back