• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Wolford is having a really good senior campaign. He would have had 50+ more passing yards if our receivers weren't dropping easy catches. 80 yards rushing is so damn good

Wolford is having a really good senior campaign. He would have had 50+ more passing yards if our receivers weren't dropping easy catches. 80 yards rushing is so damn good

Absolutely and he still completed over 50% of his passes, threw for two td's and no interceptions. IMHO he was the difference.

Several other times he had a wide open field in front of them. I wish he would just take off more often in those cases, especially when his receivers aren't doing much for him.

Several other times he had a wide open field in front of them. I wish he would just take off more often in those cases, especially when his receivers aren't doing much for him.

Wake will need the receivers to perform. Wolford is doing what he can to make that happen. Thus he threw a few times when he could have picked up yards with his legs.

I've been impressed with wolford this year. He has made plays through the air and on the ground. Most importantly, I don't believe he has turned the ball over this year. If he can do this all year, we will have a great season.

Update on Deacon QB Jon Wolford's year through 8 games (Wolford has played in 7):

He is #1 in the ACC and 7th in the nation in passing efficiency at 167.9 (the best passing efficiency rating for one season in WF history was Riley Skinner 147.8 in 2009). He has 15 TDs and 2 Ints on the season. He is now 3rd all-time on WF passing TD list. For the season, Wolford is also WF's leading rusher with 409 rushing yards and has scored the most TDs rushing for the Deacs 6 TDs.

The young man is stepping up, and having one of the best seasons of any QB in WF history. Props to JW for hanging in there through the tough times. Plays for my team.

Update on Deacon QB Jon Wolford's year through 8 games (Wolford has played in 7):

He is #1 in the ACC and 7th in the nation in passing efficiency at 167.9 (the best passing efficiency rating for one season in WF history was Riley Skinner 147.8 in 2009). He has 15 TDs and 2 Ints on the season. He is now 3rd all-time on WF passing TD list. For the season, Wolford is also WF's leading rusher with 409 rushing yards and has scored the most TDs rushing for the Deacs 6 TDs.

The young man is stepping up, and having one of the best seasons of any QB in WF history. Props to JW for hanging in there through the tough times. Plays for my team.

What a game and what a season so far for Wolford.
He's certainly paid his dues and thrilled to see it all coming together in his senior year.
I think the UL game proved that if he has time, he can be extremely accurate.

Good point! But pretty sure it's more like 150...soooo many drops. Hell who was it that dropped a would-be 50+ yarder just a couple weeks ago against Clemson?

Wolford has enough time in the pocket to find secondary receivers and obviously knows when to "hold em' and fold em'" and run for his life after 3 years of doing so. Fun to watch.

Keep it going O-line! Wolf will take us there!

Definitely glad that the coaching staff picked Wolford as the starter and ditched any of the QB rotation nonsense. That stuff barely ever works.

His back shoulder throws get better every week, and they're borderline unstoppable when they get the timing right given the size of our receivers. Such a bummer that Dortch is out. Looked like the O-line really did improve after facing a few elite D-lines, and when they give him time he's getting through his progressions very well and making good decisions. Very worried that without Dortch out there to keep defenses honest, he'll have to go back to throwing guys open too often.

IIRC his two picks have been a dropped pass that deflected up in the air and one in garbage time against GT. Many props to Wolford.

Definitely glad that the coaching staff picked Wolford as the starter and ditched any of the QB rotation nonsense. That stuff barely ever works.

His back shoulder throws get better every week, and they're borderline unstoppable when they get the timing right given the size of our receivers. Such a bummer that Dortch is out. Looked like the O-line really did improve after facing a few elite D-lines, and when they give him time he's getting through his progressions very well and making good decisions. Very worried that without Dortch out there to keep defenses honest, he'll have to go back to throwing guys open too often.

Yet there are some that still would rather see Hinton. Hinton is good and he may have a monster season next year if he ends up being the guy, but I don't see how anyone could think we'd have been better off with Hinton as the starter so far this season.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...at/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating/id/1

He also leads the conference in Yards Per Attempt

Not in a 100 years would I have thought that would ever occur with Checkdown John. He's definitely proven me wrong.

His rushing stats are also very improved:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3124092/john-wolford

4.6 YPC with 6 TDs

I've always though behind a decent O-line, he could be effective. Hard to be good when you're constantly running for your life from guys almost twice your size. I think he's got more weapons this year too. Unfortunately we lost his biggest weapon.

In line for all acc honors of some kind

Assuming voters look at the stats and not the team on the jersey and the standings. He'd have to beat out Jackson, Bryant, and well Jackson.

Back