• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

John Wolford, the quarterback for the Wake Forest University football team .........is my hero

The color commentator made a comment that he could see Wolford making a team in the NFL. Never thought wolf would have a chance, but damn today he sure did look like Russell Wilson. Makes you wonder.

A lot of us were saying Peyton Manning couldn't find success playing behind our OL and surrounded by receivers not getting separation or making tough catches.

At least *most* people have stopped spelling his name Wofford.

He’s played very well. Wish he would have been healthy for Clemson and a ball bounced our way with FSU, but we’ve already exceeded my minimal expectations.

Any chance John gets a cup of coffee to play on Sunday's? Before the season everyone would have laughed it off, but Riley had an opportunity (that he didn't pursue), and Wolford is playing even better.

Part of the reason I made it out today was to see/honor Wolf. He's been absolutely lights out this season and I have so much respect for how tough this kid is. Hope he ends up somewhere on Sundays. Maybe Baltimore to reunite Wolford -> Campanaro.

The color commentator made a comment that he could see Wolford making a team in the NFL. Never thought wolf would have a chance, but damn today he sure did look like Russell Wilson. Makes you wonder.

But Bates repeatedly saying he had a boyish face got old.

Wolford is a fucking stud. I eat all the crow in the world asking for Hinton. Wolford just has it, and it is incredible. Keep it up!

Glad he got some respect this evening.

2vsqb2u.jpg

95ohaf.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Statistically this has to be one of the best seasons for a Wake QB all time. Dude is putting up great numbers - through 10 games, 2300yds, 66% comp., 20td/3int, 550yds rushing, 10 rushing td, 163(!) qb rating

Last edited:
Hopefully he’ll be first team ACC. Though Clemson may have something to say about that. Wolford has better numbers and is s senior, but sometimes being the QB on the best team carries the day.

Incredible year for this kid. Amazing what having a few more seconds of protection can do for a QB. Huge competitor and he will be missed next year.

Hopefully he’ll be first team ACC. Though Clemson may have something to say about that. Wolford has better numbers and is s senior, but sometimes being the QB on the best team carries the day.

I think Jackson gets it b/c of reputation (and his numbers aren't bad), but Wolford should be 2nd team at worst if he continues this pace

Back