• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

I think we've got a late entry for worst poster of the year. Layoff, canadiandeac. You've done nothing but rag on Wofford who has given everything he had to the program & you're saying he should get out of here? There's a time & place for it but this thread talking about all the good John has done is not it.

So other than the evidence, you've got no evidence?

The evidence is how great our offense has been under him...

Is he to blame for how stagnant its been? HELL No.

BUT would a superior athlete(someone like hinton) have better success running for their life? I think so.

If only John had some arm talent I would be able to agree that he belongs in a starting lineup for an ACC team

A hard fighting Deac fails miserably on his first possession and then proceeds to pile up 31 points in a half for a team challenged to score 14 in its last 5 games and the board piles on like white on rice. Can anyone enjoy the moment and save the opinion and philosophy for later? We just won, what, the 8th bowl game in our history and even that is somehow not good enough for some.

It is one poster, not "the board"

Wolford produced yesterday against a pretty good defense.

Is this an anomaly of evidence of things to come? Who knows? Based on his prior play I would say an anomaly, but maybe the impact of the wakeyleaks has really hamstrung play calling and confidence.

No matter what preconceptions I have about a player, then can always break them by producing.

Clawson's challenge is BOTH Wolford and Hinton are small and injury prone. AIR, we have a 6'3" 220 pound QB on deck. Maybe he's good enough....I dunno. When does Spring practice start ?

The evidence is how great our offense has been under him...

Is he to blame for how stagnant its been? HELL No.

BUT would a superior athlete(someone like hinton) have better success running for their life? I think so.

If only John had some arm talent I would be able to agree that he belongs in a starting lineup for an ACC team

Dude!! No one is arguing this...Whatsoever. Not sure if you've followed us this year, but Hinton hasn't been available. Given his history of getting dinged up, the dumbest possible decisions would be for the coaches to steer Wolford out the door. We have no other proven QB on the roster other than a guy who had trouble staying on the field.

Lord have mercy.

I think we've got a late entry for worst poster of the year. Layoff, canadiandeac. You've done nothing but rag on Wofford who has given everything he had to the program & you're saying he should get out of here? There's a time & place for it but this thread talking about all the good John has done is not it.

for having 10000 you sure have a lot of insight...

If nothing else, canadiandeac is the new wf22fan, except 22 fan was fixated on bashing Codi, whereas.. yeah y'all know the rest.

Been reading on this topic and although many of us are critical of John and can doubt his abilities, the one thing we cannot say is that he didn't try or didn't play the game with all he had. Such a tough kid who has been beat to death and gives it his all. Thanks for helping with the victory yesterday, had a blast watching.

We've consistently talked about John's limitations, but I think yesterday shows what he can do when he gets decent protection. Continued OL improvement will help whoever is the qb.

Been reading on this topic and although many of us are critical of John and can doubt his abilities, the one thing we cannot say is that he didn't try or didn't play the game with all he had. Such a tough kid who has been beat to death and gives it his all. Thanks for helping with the victory yesterday, had a blast watching.

Would you also say that he is gutsy and gritty?

We've consistently talked about John's limitations, but I think yesterday shows what he can do when he gets decent protection. Continued OL improvement will help whoever is the qb.

how does this help when the guy cant see over the line to find wide open reciecers? did i miss something or is 55 percent completion percentage now considered good?

how does this help when the guy cant see over the line to find wide open reciecers? did i miss something or is 55 percent completion percentage now considered good?

You do realize that we had the very weakest o line in the entire country when the Wolfman took his first snap freshman year?

I'd like to think that most of these posters who come out of nowhere to spout moronic bullshit are just a handful of the same trolls that routinely pollute threads. For instance, having almost no posts but referencing Scout is kind of a giveaway. Must be the sweet bliss of lobbing shit over the fence and riling people up.

I'd like to think that most of these posters who come out of nowhere to spout moronic bullshit are just a handful of the same trolls that routinely pollute threads. For instance, having almost no posts but referencing Scout is kind of a giveaway. Must be the sweet bliss of lobbing shit over the fence and riling people up.

Great assumption on youre part...has me laughing on this end.

I referenced scout to show I had been reading the boards since before majority of the fanbase made a transition over to OGB.

As for the weakest oline in the country his freshman year? I would stretch it to say it was weaker than a few JV high school squads from around the area. I was responding to the poster who believes having a good oline will result in better effeciency out of Wolford.

Does anyone else not think its a problem when our qb is a small, 5'10 trying to throw over defenders and linemen who are usually 6'3-6'5 arms extended? I agree that wolfords. Thats a problem before the ball is even thrown in my eyes. There are exceptions of course (russell Wilson 1st to mind).

You do realize that we had the very weakest o line in the entire country when the Wolfman took his first snap freshman year?

I don't know about the whole country, I'm sure we had a better o-line than a few Division III schools.

Wolford is an inch taller than Hinton and an inch shorter than Kearns.

Hinton is a career 52% passer
Kearns has managed 36% in limited action
Wolford is a 58% passer for his career

Wolford is not a Heisman candidate. He is, however, a good athlete that works his ass off, plays through injuries, and does whatever he can to give WFU a chance to win.

what was the alternative to playing Wolford this year? Throwing Kearns into the fire into an offense that wasn't designed for his skill set even though we (clearly) had potential to make a bowl game this year?

I'm just not sure what canadian is arguing here. Everyone acknowledges that Wolford was a clear #2 to Hinton this year. Once Hinton went down, Wolford was absolutely the best option.

I really can't believe this thread. I've read some dumb shit, but this might be numero uno.

Back