• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Just catching up a bit, and didn't read through all the responses here to see if this was addressed, but I see virtually no scenario in which John Wolford transfers.

The quarterback situation admittedly is a jumble, and very well could be a three-or-four man competition through both spring and fall camp.

Aside from all that, however, is that I understand Wolford is in Wake's business school and I'm sure his decision to come here was more than just a football decision. Similarly, a potential transfer would be more than just a football decision.

Tremendous first half by Wolford and the Deacs. Shame he only got to play two plays in the second half.

dude you realize that Tebow had a much more ready body for this sport? you do know that he was a tough guy that actually played through any injury. and you do know that he played for the FLORIDA GATORS, who have a little more talent than we do.

some people need to learn what context is.

One of Wolford's top targets in high school was Ahmad Fullwood who currently plays at UF.

Just catching up a bit, and didn't read through all the responses here to see if this was addressed, but I see virtually no scenario in which John Wolford transfers.

The quarterback situation admittedly is a jumble, and very well could be a three-or-four man competition through both spring and fall camp.

Aside from all that, however, is that I understand Wolford is in Wake's business school and I'm sure his decision to come here was more than just a football decision. Similarly, a potential transfer would be more than just a football decision.

Tremendous first half by Wolford and the Deacs. Shame he only got to play two plays in the second half.

Thank you. Alright Canadian, the adult in the room laid out the reality of the situation for you. Do you still think it's in Wolfords best interest to transfer?

Thank you. Alright Canadian, the adult in the room laid out the reality of the situation for you. Do you still think it's in Wolfords best interest to transfer?

Nope, still didn't do it.

He could strive in a conference where he is not continuously at a disadvantage.

This kid last minute, de-committed from ECU last minute to PLAY football. He cares about the sport, which shows in how he plays it.

And he is far from our most talented QB...the only thing he has on the others is experience. So I see no reason for him to stay if we are seriously committed to progressing our offense...

This kid last minute, de-committed from ECU last minute to PLAY football. He cares about the sport, which shows in how he plays it.

And he is far from our most talented QB...the only thing he has on the others is experience. So I see no reason for him to stay if we are seriously committed to progressing our offense...

Wolford bang your wife?

honestly I do...

I already stated he was an amazing athlete in college, but that he was average at best once he made it to the League.

some of yall either cant, or flat refuse, to read a whole comment.

the whole point of tebow being athletic was only brought up because tigerswood doesn't understand what context is.

There are athletes that are altheletic enough to make it in todays world of professional and college sports. there are players that wish they could (like wolford). I guess ill wait until next December when this amazing ahlete that has been leading our stifling offense for the last 3 years is facing the FACT that he will no longer be good enough to play football anymore, probably not even good enough for this Canadian league yall continue to joke on, even though you know more about said league than myself..

I call bullshit. Canadians don't say "yall"

I call bullshit. Canadians don't say "yall"

If you could read for yourself rather than just try to tag along with a joke that doesn't even make since, you would understand why I have southern tendencies.

at least I can group you with a all the other "idiots" on here.

and no he didn't creamy, Im just tired of watching us put hope into a qb that has no hope himself of being successful at this level. wish someone could have broken it to the kid earlier, as he could have had success somewhere like ECU, and probably not have all the physical issues he will in the future due to getting the absolute shit beat out of him for 3 plus years.

I mean our quarterback situation is unsettled right now so the idea that Wofford would transfer is crazy. If he played like he did the first half of the temple game then there may not be a better quarterback on the roster then that John Wolford.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you could read for yourself rather than just try to tag along with a joke that doesn't even make since, you would understand why I have southern tendencies.

and no he didn't creamy, Im just tired of watching us put hope into a qb that has no hope himself of being successful at this level. wish someone could have broken it to the kid earlier, as he could have had success somewhere like ECU, and probably not have all the physical issues he will in the future due to getting the absolute shit beat out of him for 3 plus years.
Lol, seriously?

Thing is, bruh, we all know that he'd most likely have more success at App or ECU, or plenty of other places...No one is disputing that.

You're arguing that Wolford doesn't have athleticism, or "above average" athleticism. You can't run 70 yards for a TD against a P5 team without having "above average athleticism". You can't take endless beatings and get back up EVERY TIME, without having above average athleticism.

As stated over and over, we all wish that we had a big ole 6'4 220lb gunslinger under center, but we played the best available QB all year and will continue to do so.

Thing is, bruh, we all know that he'd most likely have more success at App or ECU, or plenty of other places...No one is disputing that.

You're arguing that Wolford doesn't have athleticism, or "above average" athleticism. You can't run 70 yards for a TD against a P5 team without having "above average athleticism". You can't take endless beatings and get back up EVERY TIME, without having above average athleticism.

As stated over and over, we all wish that we had a big ole 6'4 220lb gunslinger under center, but we played the best available QB all year and will continue to do so.

So I guess everyone in the ACC is a great athlete, because they are all fast...

If given an opportunity im sure any skill position player could run straight 70 yard scampers. It is part of the reason they were recruited to play in this league...

I said average at best, because that's what his is. I consider getting back up as toughness, not athleticism, which I acknowledged him as the toughest guy I have seen play for us.

This whole debate was started because I wanted what is best for John, as well as our football program. He went 10-18? That is not good. It was against an American team with less talent(less athletic) players all over their roster. I would not take first half wolford over any other the other 3 qbs next year for the mere fact that it was the best we have seen from him. And that wont get us any where close to where we want to compete in the ACC.

again, just a fact.

Thrive; verb - to prosper or flourish. You're welcome.

Thrive; verb - to prosper or flourish. You're welcome.

I'm glad you are better at pointing out grammatical and word usuage errors than you can understanding the game of football.

If I ever have a question about which word I need to use, I will contact you first Tigerswood! if you arnt on Tiger's wood maybe you will have the time to help?

If you had to rank the ACC QBs in terms of athleticism would Wolford rank in the top 5?

I don't watch a ton of non Wake games but of the QBs we faced I'd say he's ahead of BC, NCSU, and UVA guys. Behind Watson and Jackson for sure. Somewhat comparable to FSU, duke, and Cuse guys.

I don't think canadiandeac is too crazy here, even if he's kinda being a tool given Wolf's most recent performance.

Back