• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

I don't watch a ton of non Wake games but of the QBs we faced I'd say he's ahead of BC, NCSU, and UVA guys. Behind Watson and Jackson for sure. Somewhat comparable to FSU, duke, and Cuse guys.

I don't think canadiandeac is too crazy here, even if he's kinda being a tool given Wolf's most recent performance.

He's being crazy by saying he hopes Wolford transfers and that it's in Wolfords "best interest" to transfer.

No one will dispute that Wolford isn't a world class athlete, but until there's some clarity with our QB situation, he doesn't need to transfer.

Too bad a well intended thread titled "Props to Wolford" is hijacked by a douche ragging him. Canadiandeac, why not start a new thread and get off this one?

Thing is, bruh, we all know that he'd most likely have more success at App or ECU, or plenty of other places...No one is disputing that.

You're arguing that Wolford doesn't have athleticism, or "above average" athleticism. You can't run 70 yards for a TD against a P5 team without having "above average athleticism". You can't take endless beatings and get back up EVERY TIME, without having above average athleticism.

As stated over and over, we all wish that we had a big ole 6'4 220lb gunslinger under center, but we played the best available QB all year and will continue to do so.

Jamie Newman is listed at 6-4 225.

So, size is now an element of athleticism?

hqdefault.jpg

After watching the VT QB last night, might be interesting to list all the starting QB's in the ACC by size.

AIR, the BC QB transfer from Kentucky(?) was like 6'5" 250+ while VT's Evans is I think 6'4" 235. Wolford is generously listed at 6'1" 200 but looks more like 5'11" 185.

He's being crazy by saying he hopes Wolford transfers and that it's in Wolfords "best interest" to transfer.

No one will dispute that Wolford isn't a world class athlete, but until there's some clarity with our QB situation, he doesn't need to transfer.

Just curious, if he is not starting for us next year, what would be good reasons for a 3 year starter with a heart of a lion to sit his final year of football ever to watch some freshman make growing mistakes that he himself made the three years prior?

you either are too ignorant to get past you being wrong and not figuring it out till page 8, or you just cant understand how people work...either way im going to LOL at all of you guys all year long next year, well most of you.

Just curious, if he is not starting for us next year, what would be good reasons for a 3 year starter with a heart of a lion to sit his final year of football ever to watch some freshman make growing mistakes that he himself made the three years prior?

you either are too ignorant to get past you being wrong and not figuring it out till page 8, or you just cant understand how people work...either way im going to LOL at all of you guys all year long next year, well most of you.

Just catching up a bit, and didn't read through all the responses here to see if this was addressed, but I see virtually no scenario in which John Wolford transfers.

The quarterback situation admittedly is a jumble, and very well could be a three-or-four man competition through both spring and fall camp.

Aside from all that, however, is that I understand Wolford is in Wake's business school and I'm sure his decision to come here was more than just a football decision. Similarly, a potential transfer would be more than just a football decision.

Tremendous first half by Wolford and the Deacs. Shame he only got to play two plays in the second half.

---

Look, Biff, it's already been discussed. The above is a direct quote from Rivals Les. Les covers Wake sports on a daily basis. Take the L, bitch.

- He finishes up his degree (assuming he won't do so this spring) in one of the nation's best b-schools
- He is a competitor and doesn't believe someone else will beat him for the starting spot his senior year
- We're just ignorant

- He finishes up his degree (assuming he won't do so this spring) in one of the nation's best b-schools
- He is a competitor and doesn't believe someone else will beat him for the starting spot his senior year
- We're just ignorant

So I will just start ignororing Creamy seeing as he believes he is right to the point he cant be questioned...there are plenty of business schools, good ones, hell even the place he originally committed to has a nationally accredited program..nuff said

and siff to address yours:

1. Can finish that degree anywhere with the possibility of playing more of the sport he clearly cant let go
2. Just because you are a competitor does not mean you deserve the job. All the other QBs are more physically ready, and more physically talented than John. ALL OF THEM. He knows he was the #2 behind a healthy Hinton this year, the spot is only going to be harder for him to gain.
3. I know this, and this explains why I have been debating against a brick wall for 7 pages. They did say I lost on page 2 though so whatever...

Who is trolling who?

You're trolling John Wolford and these boards. This thread is "Props to Wolford". You took it among yourself to point out John's flaws and reasons he needs to transfer. You lost and you're Canadian, so go back north, break your arm and wait in line for 3 weeks to see a Doctor.

You're trolling John Wolford and these boards. This thread is "Props to Wolford". You took it among yourself to point out John's flaws and reasons he needs to transfer. You lost and you're Canadian, so go back north, break your arm and wait in line for 3 weeks to see a Doctor.

Considering I didn't lose on any page, let alone this one, you should probably just give up trying to be right, cause it wont happen.

I gave Wolford the praise he deserved in my original post. anything else would have been unjust. Ill start a thread in a week to point all this out and not invite you to the thread. Just to keep you happy enough to cream your pants.

Don't be mad cause we have a Fat Lard coming to take over this "Great" country... HA HA HA

So I will just start ignororing Creamy seeing as he believes he is right to the point he cant be questioned...there are plenty of business schools, good ones, hell even the place he originally committed to has a nationally accredited program..nuff said

and siff to address yours:

1. Can finish that degree anywhere with the possibility of playing more of the sport he clearly cant let go
2. Just because you are a competitor does not mean you deserve the job. All the other QBs are more physically ready, and more physically talented than John. ALL OF THEM. He knows he was the #2 behind a healthy Hinton this year, the spot is only going to be harder for him to gain.
3. I know this, and this explains why I have been debating against a brick wall for 7 pages. They did say I lost on page 2 though so whatever...

According to Bloomberg, below are the rankings of undergraduate business schools.
RankSchoolEmployer survey rank (40%)Student survey rank (35%)Salary rank (15%)Internship rank (10%)Ranking index score
1Villanova2102915100
2Notre Dame (Mendoza)181133199.86
3Boston College (Carroll)55171298.57
4Indiana (Kelley)413191896.86
5UVA (McIntire)4323695.98
6Texas at Austin (McCombs)121215793.34
7North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler)28891790.34
8Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ross)27156389.49
9NYU (Stern)63481689.4
10Bentley319532589.13
11Cornell (Dyson)6742988.09
12William & Mary (Mason)393284186.54
13Wake Forest54612586.39
No reason for Wolford to transfer to a school below Wake on the list for academic reasons. Get your degree from the highest ranked school you can. Most of the 12 schools above Wake are stronger to significantly stronger than Wake in FB (Texas, Michigan) and/or part of the ACC (UVA< UNC Chapel Hill). The two closest are Indiana and BC, both of which Wolford led Wake to wins over. Most of the rest are FCS or lower schools. So in essence, canadian, you are arguing that Wolford should go to an FCS school. Pretty weak, considering he has had significant success in the FBS world, and not something he either should or is likely to do.

I expect to see John Wolford compete effectively for the starting QB job AT WAKE in the spring of 2017 and throughout the 2017 football season.

According to Bloomberg, below are the rankings of undergraduate business schools.
RankSchoolEmployer survey rank (40%)Student survey rank (35%)Salary rank (15%)Internship rank (10%)Ranking index score
1Villanova2102915100
2Notre Dame (Mendoza)181133199.86
3Boston College (Carroll)55171298.57
4Indiana (Kelley)413191896.86
5UVA (McIntire)4323695.98
6Texas at Austin (McCombs)121215793.34
7North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler)28891790.34
8Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ross)27156389.49
9NYU (Stern)63481689.4
10Bentley319532589.13
11Cornell (Dyson)6742988.09
12William & Mary (Mason)393284186.54
13Wake Forest54612586.39
No reason for Wolford to transfer to a school below Wake on the list for academic reasons. Get your degree from the highest ranked school you can. Most of the 12 schools above Wake are stronger to significantly stronger than Wake in FB (Texas, Michigan) and/or part of the ACC (UVA< UNC Chapel Hill). The two closest are Indiana and BC, both of which Wolford led Wake to wins over. Most of the rest are FCS or lower schools. So in essence, canadian, you are arguing that Wolford should go to an FCS school. Pretty weak, considering he has had significant success in the FBS world, and not something he either should or is likely to do.

I expect to see John Wolford compete effectively for the starting QB job AT WAKE in the spring of 2017 and throughout the 2017 football season.

Am I missing something here?

What qualifies as "significant success?"

And are you trying to say there are only 13 qualified business programs in this country to earn a decent degree from? Ive talked to many HR professionals who would disagree with you.

Sure Wake me the best availaible business program to you, but I can promise you Winston-Salem is not the top of ANYONEs list in their mid 20s. So if we are going to completely derail from the original post of this thread, his talent, why not bring every possible reason into play?

YALL are ridiculous.

and before someone tries to start a political or nation debate...stop it...its clear the only reason you bring up my Canadian name on here is because you can no longer back your bogus viewpoint.

Thank you and good day sir

Am I missing something here?

What qualifies as "significant success?"

And are you trying to say there are only 13 qualified business programs in this country to earn a decent degree from? Ive talked to many HR professionals who would disagree with you.

Sure Wake me the best availaible business program to you, but I can promise you Winston-Salem is not the top of ANYONEs list in their mid 20s. So if we are going to completely derail from the original post of this thread, his talent, why not bring every possible reason into play?

YALL are ridiculous.

and before someone tries to start a political or nation debate...stop it...its clear the only reason you bring up my Canadian name on here is because you can no longer back your bogus viewpoint.

Thank you and good day sir

Look here baby boy. I'm done working until Wednesday so won't be here to tell you that you're still wrong until then. Have a Happy New Year and try not to take things too seriously. It won't get you far around here. Funny you bring up politics...Go take a trip over to the tunnels on this board and you'll most likely find that more agree with your political views than not. That's just a hunch though. Here's to Wolford putting up 3,000 yards and 20 TDs as QB1 next year!! :rock::rock:

canadiandeac said he moved from Canada at something like age 1, and that he attended ECU. So, assuming he's not a parody, he's really neither a Canadian nor a Deac. Or lemme guess, Master's Degree?

Wolford sucked until bowl game. We need to move on to Hinton, Kearns and Newman. No way Kearns comes back if Wolford stays at WFU.

Back