• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I'm sure my granddad didn't drink that, but I need to try some for him.

Your granddad probably drank the good stuff - Old Forester BIB DSP-KY-414. It has a different taste profile than today's stuff. I found this bottle down in south Atlanta a couple of years ago...it was bottled in 1983. If you're ever in ATL you're welcome to try a pour.

yhegyven.jpg

Last edited:
I'd give you a pour of a bottle of his from 1968, the year he passed. I found it 15 years ago at my Grandma's, It went cloudy two years ago, and the smallest sip I tried after the Ravens won the Super Bowl was undrinkable. I do have an airplane bottle of Old Granddad from that same era. It has "bottled for the airline industry" printed on it.

I'd give you a pour of a bottle of his from 1968, the year he passed. I found it 15 years ago at my Grandma's, It went cloudy two years ago, and the smallest sip I tried after the Ravens won the Super Bowl was undrinkable. I do have an airplane bottle of Old Granddad from that same era. It has "bottled for the airline industry" printed on it.

Very cool! Here's a mini that was just opened the other day. Distilled in the fall of 1971 and bottled in 1979.

7aterupa.jpg

So Pennsylvania did not have the 15 Van Winkle to offer. They had the 10, 12, 20 and 23. I bought the 12 for $54. I have not heard the 12 mentioned much on here. Any one had it? Was it worth my investment?

So Pennsylvania did not have the 15 Van Winkle to offer. They had the 10, 12, 20 and 23. I bought the 12 for $54. I have not heard the 12 mentioned much on here. Any one had it? Was it worth my investment?

The 12 year (Lot B) is good and $54 is a fair price. I don't reach for it very often but I have a few bottles stashed away somewhere.

Back