• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

so Meck County ABC has some George Dickel 14 yo single barrel and 9 yo single barrel as well as some Glenmorangie Ealanta available. Any of these worth going out and picking up?

7 year. I'm sure it's nothing special. Here's what came with the bottle:

Widow Jane Bourbon, USA
If you have been following the amazing things coming out of the Cacao Prieto Distillery in Red Hook, Brooklyn with us, then you will be very happy about this new Bourbon. If you haven't heard of them, don't worry: this is totally different from anything they've done so far. What we have here is a hand-selected, five year Kentucky Bourbon that is sent to the Prieto Distillery in barrel. They then use a pure, limestone-rich water from the Widow Jane Mine in the Catskills to cut their whiskey to proof. The nose is deep and complex with notes of spiced apple fritter, poached pear, hard cinnamon candy, and a dash of confectioner's sugar sprinkled on top. Vanilla caramel notes reign on the palate with moderate spice and moderate oak tannin keeping everything in check. The finish is all citrus-zest minerality and a happy touch of char. Smooth, medium-bodied, and bottled at 45.5% alcohol, this is ideal for easy sipping or warm-weather cocktails.

Sounds good, but @ 45.5% might be a little hot for just sipping. Let us know how this is.

Very, very easy to drink. Put a single cube in and it's vanilla/caramel sweet without being hot. I think it could work really well neat too.

Awesome! So far I haven't managed to find a nice bourbon I like to sip even with a splash of h20 or a couple cubes. Been sticking to Manhattans lately.

Awesome! So far I haven't managed to find a nice bourbon I like to sip even with a splash of h20 or a couple cubes. Been sticking to Manhattans lately.

Give Weller Special Reserve a try. It's 90pf but is a wheated bourbon so it tastes a little sweeter.

Regular Buffalo Trace will do the trick also. Yummm..........

Just mixed 1oz of Ole Smokey Peach Moonshine with 1oz of Buffalo Trace and a couple ice cubes. Tasty. Bought some Whistlepig Rye for 76$ here in Chi. Good with a couple ice cubes after sitting for about 10 minutes. 90+

Picked up some Old Weller Antique tonight. Figured I would try a wheated bourbon since everyone says they are sweeter. It seemed smoother than the WT Rare Breed.

Gotta have some Turkey on Thanksgiving. Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottled in 2002.

vutupa8a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

im keeping it simple with some jim beam doubled aged black label (8 yr). same price as jack daniels but wayyyyyy tastier and smoother

Ready to start my advent calendar tomorrow. Anyone else pick one up this year?

Jesus Whisky Day 1: Balvinie Double Wood 17 Year. It's extremely smooth and easy to drink (lighter and smoother than the double wood 12 yr, which I like a lot). Faint peat. Nice sweetness. I like very much. Would drink again.

Jesus Whisky Day 1: Balvinie Double Wood 17 Year. It's extremely smooth and easy to drink (lighter and smoother than the double wood 12 yr, which I like a lot). Faint peat. Nice sweetness. I like very much. Would drink again.

This is going to be fun if we get a daily review of what is being consumed.

Almost finished with my Four Roses Single Barrel. Still not as good IMO as the Small Batch, but still good. On to the Blanton's next.

Jesus Whisky Day 2: Talisker Port Ruighe. This is double finished in port barrels and I think that the fruitiness is quite evident. Light peat on the nose but pretty substantial once you take a sip. Sweet but not overly so. Very smooth finish with an ever so slight burn at the very very end. I like this one quite a bit. I think this would be a good gift for someone who likes scotch but wants something a little different without going crazy.

Jesus Whisky Day 2: Talisker Port Ruighe. This is double finished in port barrels and I think that the fruitiness is quite evident. Light peat on the nose but pretty substantial once you take a sip. Sweet but not overly so. Very smooth finish with an ever so slight burn at the very very end. I like this one quite a bit. I think this would be a good gift for someone who likes scotch but wants something a little different without going crazy.

I should have done this thing this year. It seems like a fun way to try a bunch of different things that you might not otherwise try.

Back