• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Just finished up a double poor of Old Weller 107 and hot apple cider while decorating the tree.

I picked up Old Weller last week. Had some Bulleit that my brother in law had on Thanksgiving night. Still need sip the WT Rare Breed and compare it to the Old Weller. My next pick up will be Four Roses. So far, I think I like the Old Weller best.

+1 on the Weller 107.

I've been trying track down the Weller 12 yr, but I can't find it anywhere in MD.

I did some damage to a couple bottles of Glenfiddich and Glenlivet last weekend. I think they were both 15 yr. I've never been a Scotch drinker, but I may have to start.

Baby Jesus Whisky Day 3: Nikka Whisky From the Barrel. This is a Japanese blended whisky. This one is interesting. I can definitely tell that there are some younger whiskies in here, but it's still pretty complex. Kind of spicy, like nutmeg or cloves. Just over 102 proof, but very smooth (though the really high octane stuff I usually drink may influence that). Not my favorite and I think I prefer the Yamakaze, but it's still good. And I understand that it's pretty inexpensive (according to the google machine).

I should have done this thing this year. It seems like a fun way to try a bunch of different things that you might not otherwise try.

I really like it. I think it's worth every penny. Next year I might do the premium box.

I really like it. I think it's worth every penny. Next year I might do the premium box.

I also pulled the trigger this year after trying it out for the first time last year. My finger hovered over the button for the premium calendar, but my Scotch palate just isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate some of that stuff.

Haven't had Day 3 yet, but of the first two I really liked the Balvenie 17 Year. Really, really nice whisky. The Talisker Port Ruighe was also good, but the fruitiness was kind of off-putting to me. Looking forward to 22 more days of this action.

I felt like I needed a little bourbon tonight before meeting the ex-girlfriend for dinner. Reached into the back of the bunker and came up with an older bottle of Virginia Gentleman (90pf with the embossed fox head on the bottle).

lmao I got a handle of that sitting in the back of my cabinet. don't think I've ever drank out of it. Bought it for a scavenger hunt - a bottle of virginia, colorado, or japanese whiskey with the cap off

okay it needed to have the cap off so I guess I opened it and never poured any out

lmao I got a handle of that sitting in the back of my cabinet. don't think I've ever drank out of it. Bought it for a scavenger hunt - a bottle of virginia, colorado, or japanese whiskey with the cap off

okay it needed to have the cap off so I guess I opened it and never poured any out

If it's a handle of the 80pf then it's a decent mixer (not good straight). I have that as well. The holidays are a perfect time to use bottles like that!

oh don't worry I would never drink it straight. It's a plastic bottle.

Tuxedo T-shirt Wearing Baby Jesus Whisky Day 4: Glencadam 21 Year Scotch: this is a pretty nice Scotch. Citrusy, a little floral, smooth. Very light in color. Decent burn, but not substantial. Nice peat without being overwhelming. I like it, and as far as I can see it is about $80, which may be a little high compared to other things I like more, but still a great price for a 21 year scotch.

Tuxedo T-shirt Wearing Baby Jesus Whisky Day 4: Glencadam 21 Year Scotch: this is a pretty nice Scotch. Citrusy, a little floral, smooth. Very light in color. Decent burn, but not substantial. Nice peat without being overwhelming. I like it, and as far as I can see it is about $80, which may be a little high compared to other things I like more, but still a great price for a 21 year scotch.

That's a pretty darn good price for that age. The palate notes sound pretty appealing. Seems like it might be a good summer pour. Might have to hunt this one done. Keep the reviews coming.

Big Baby Jesus Whisky Day 5: Glen Garioch 12 Year. Really like this. Brown sugary, malty, oaty. A little citrus at the end. A touch of heat at 96 proof, but still smooth. Light on the peat, but still more than Macallan 12. I'm a big fan. Really like this one.

Gotta get me some of this....

Ron-Burgundy-Great-Odins-Raven-Scotch-Whisky.jpg

Back