• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

If you've never tried Blanton's, that has to be on the list. It's around $50.00

I had a couple of glasses of the Redbreast Irish Whiskey I gave my friend. That stuff is damn good. While not as tasty as some bourbons, it is unbelievably smooth.

You have excellent taste. Red breast is the best bang for the buck of any Irish whiskey.

Yeah...british couple was drinking high end whiskeys at the Belmont in Charleston. The girl was complaining about the taste of the 23 year pappy which pours at $50/glass at said location. Asked the bartender for a coke who, while discouraging her to mix, obliged. The wench mixed the two together and said "So that's what this drink was missing."

The boyfriend was in totally agreement, much to the dismay of everyone that witnessed the event.

That said, I'm working on getting tickets to a Bourbon seminar led by Julian himself.

Will report back tomorrow on whether or not I have success.

Fuck the British.

eagle rare 10 year is much much better than makers. makers is an overpriced blend, you pay for the marketing of the bottle. for a high end you cannot beat eagle rare's 17 year for really pricey or elijah 18 for moderately pricey (shit it is only 10 bucks more than makers).

I like makers. I can get a large bottle of it at a fair price and it doesnt kill me if someone mixes it. I like it on the rocks. And, yes, I like the bottle.

I got suckered in by the blantons bottle as well, but the taste won me over.

That story makes me want to rip my tongue out and offer it as the first tongue implant.

Just bought my ticket to this event:

What is it that makes bourbon a bourbon? Julian Van Winkle, a fourth-generation bourbon producer, will explore with you the various styles, philosophies and approaches to production that influence the bourbons available to us today. As you taste the quality wheated bourbons of Old Van Winkle Distillery, you will be sure to appreciate why it is that bourbon is America’s native spirit.

Charleston Wine+Food Festival FTMFW

I'm thinking about going with Blanton's and Black Maple Hill (shout out to my boi Townie!!!!)

If The Party Source doesn't have these, what is a good online store?

edit: Just checked. I can buy the Blanton's and Black Maple Hill for <$70 at my local store. Awesome! Any other suggestions for something different?

Definitely going to pick this stuff up before the game tonight :)

Ended up just going with Blanton's. I'll pick up the Black Maple Hill stuff the first chance I get TD.

Just opened the B and poured my first glass. Very good so far!

Not sure many people realize, but today kicked off national bourbon heritage month. Drink up.

My brown liquor supply took a hit last night. Gonna have to stock up for the long weekend. There are a couple of new things I have my eye on at my local store including Thomas Jefferson Rye and a bottling from Willet that is out of my price range but will still probably get got (especially if wife is not with me).

My brown liquor supply took a hit last night. Gonna have to stock up for the long weekend. There are a couple of new things I have my eye on at my local store including Thomas Jefferson Rye and a bottling from Willet that is out of my price range but will still probably get got (especially if wife is not with me).

:laugh: TWtoy put her foot down on getting me two $40 bottle of bourbon for my bday yesterday.

TWToy's parents bought me two tumblers, some whiskey stones and a bottle of Glenfidditch 12. They couldn't remember the two scotches that I told them about that someone recommended earlier in the thread, but I think this will be fine for now.

TWToy's parents bought me two tumblers, some whiskey stones and a bottle of Glenfidditch 12. They couldn't remember the two scotches that I told them about that someone recommended earlier in the thread, but I think this will be fine for now.

Ky3fj.jpg

Alternating between Makers 46 and Black Velvet Canadian Whisky. Tonight is going to be a good, good night.

Just picked up a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Not spectacular but still good.

I've gotten to like to like Knob Creek better than Woodford's. It's got more body.

I've gotten to like to like Knob Creek better than Woodford's. It's got more body.

I'm with you. Knob Creek is my go-to special occasion bourbon. It's tough ballin' on a budget.

Dude in my program and I were talking about Johnny Walker Blue, and I was like, "Yeah, I've never had it, but one day I'd be curious to try it out." After, the football game on Saturday apparently he went to the liquor store and bought a fifth.

Back