• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Changing things up with some Balcones this evening.

ejuva9yq.jpg

Back in the summer, a friend left a bottle of Rowan's Creek. No idea what the price is. Label says small batch, 50% ABV, made by hand, seems like an independent effort though I could be wrong. BearsDeacs, have any history?

Back in the summer, a friend left a bottle of Rowan's Creek. No idea what the price is. Label says small batch, 50% ABV, made by hand, seems like an independent effort though I could be wrong. BearsDeacs, have any history?

Yeah it's a release by KBD (Kentucky Bourbon Distillers) - the same group that does Noah's Mill, Johnny Drum, Pure Kentucky XO, Black Maple Hill, Willett, etc. They source their whiskey and bottle it under various labels.

Yeah it's a release by KBD (Kentucky Bourbon Distillers) - the same group that does Noah's Mill, Johnny Drum, Pure Kentucky XO, Black Maple Hill, Willett, etc. They source their whiskey and bottle it under various labels.
Thoughts?

Just picked up deadspin's #1 cheap bourbon, old crow reserve. Aged 33% longer than Regular old crow. Actually pretty tasty on the rocks. Think I have found my new bourbon and ginger mixer for $19.95 for a handle.

Just picked up deadspin's #1 cheap bourbon, old crow reserve. Aged 33% longer than Regular old crow. Actually pretty tasty on the rocks. Think I have found my new bourbon and ginger mixer for $19.95 for a handle.

Check out Evan Williams BIB (Bottled in Bond) with the white label. It's slightly more expensive at $13.95/750ml and $27.95/1.5L according to the NC price list, but I think it's a better well bourbon. Plus it's 100pf so it handles ice and mixers better.

Check out Evan Williams BIB (Bottled in Bond) with the white label. It's slightly more expensive at $13.95/750ml and $27.95/1.5L according to the NC price list, but I think it's a better well bourbon. Plus it's 100pf so it handles ice and mixers better.

Appreciate the tip, will check it out.

You know I'll be all over that as well

This is that one that I originally posted as not being interested in, since it will be a wheat whiskey instead of a wheated bourbon. After I've thought about it though I'll definitely pick up a bottle to try...might be a very unique offering.

For the Wild Turkey fans:

WT will celebrate Jimmy Russel's 60 years at the distillery with the release of WT Diamond Anniversary.

www.kentucky.com/2014/04/13/3194991/wild-turkey-will-toast-jimmy-russells.html?sp=/99/322/&ihp=1

"Diamond was blended from 13- to 16-year-old Wild Turkey barrels
hand-selected by Eddie Russell."

"Beginning in May, Diamond Anniversary will be available only at the
new Wild Turkey Visitors Center until August, then expand in limited
release to key markets around the country in the fall, with a suggested
retail price of about $125."

Back