• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

They won't carry the special edition stuff like the BTAC products (Stagg, William Larue Weller, Eagle Rare 17, etc)...there's too little of that stuff as it is so it all goes through distribution. With that said, you might be able to find other stuff that isn't available in NC.

Any liquor store in Frankfort/Lexington would probably carry stuff like Very Old Barton BIB or Heaven Hill BIB....both are considered among the best of the bargain selections. Also look for Ancient Ancient Age 10yr while up there in Kentucky. I don't think any of those are available in NC.

I don't know if Weller stuff is available in NC...if not, look for Weller Special Reserve, Old Weller Antique, and Weller 12....all are Buffalo Trace products.

Old Weller Antique 107 is indeed available in NC... and soooo good

I've gotten OWA in ABC stores in both Charlotte (south Charlotte) and Cary. It's actually been easier for me to find in NC than in SC at the stores I hit up for all my other purchases. It's usually sold out there.

20140517_194417.jpg

This is my small set up. Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Small Batch, Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Makers Mark, and Knob Creek. Had some Old Weller Antique 107 and Wild Turkey 101 that I already finished off.

I've never had an issue finding OWA in an NC ABC store

Six months ago I had no problem finding it in my county run liquor stores in MD. Now, it is sold out at every store in the county. They obviously can't increase supply of it, so I wonder if the price is going to rise anytime soon.

I'm giving Old Grand Dad BIB a try as my cheap bourbon until I can stock up on OWA.

without reading this whole thread does anyone have any opinion on Michter's small batch?

No Old Weller 107 in upstate SC anywhere. My local guy says he has to order but can't guarantee getting it. WTF?

Last edited:
Wow, well all this discussion just prompted me to go buy another bottle (south Charlotte ABC store). Can't be too careful, especially as fast as I go through it.

Anywhere to find Wellers 12 year in between High-Point and Jacksonville, FL? Making the trip this weekend and will be looking to buy

Going with some Jefferson Rye tonight.

za6uve6u.jpg

Back