Page 12 of 272 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 5432

Thread: Good bourbon

  1. #221
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    26,128
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacWatcher View Post
    What is a whiskey stone?


    Non porous rocks you can freeze and put in your drink to chill the bourbon without watering it down.

  2. #222
    Available where?

  3. #223
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    The internets and some liquor stores. The ones I have found are a tad expensive, though.

  4. #224
    Think a place like Total Wine would have them?

  5. #225
    Seriously, Evan William's and Red Stag make that list? No thank you.

  6. #226
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacWatcher View Post
    Think a place like Total Wine would have them?
    I'd think so.

  7. #227
    cookout = blabbermouth?
    wfudkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    truxton circle
    Posts
    16,737
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacWatcher View Post
    Think a place like Total Wine would have them?
    Yes, they do.

  8. #228
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    26,128
    I posted this a while back, but I've been very happy with my Makers Mark Ice Balls. They take forever to melt (I can usually go through 3 glasses before it completely melts) and provides a little water to the glass without watering it down.



  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    I posted this a while back, but I've been very happy with my Makers Mark Ice Balls. They take forever to melt (I can usually go through 3 glasses before it completely melts) and provides a little water to the glass without watering it down.


    +1. Those are the way to go. I also posted them before, I have similar ones that I got from MOMA. They's tha bomb.

  10. #230
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Holy shit. Those are awesome! I could even use brita water for them so that our terrible tap water doesn't taint the ice.

  11. #231
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    We see who will drinking lunch today...

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    +1. Those are the way to go. I also posted them before, I have similar ones that I got from MOMA. They's tha bomb.
    Whats MOMA?

  13. #233
    Woodford Reserve and Makers should have a spot in every bar, but both are better mixing bourbons than they are sipping bourbons, with Woodford being the choice of most mixologists these days.

    I'm a single ice cube fan (ice sphere if possible) with most bourbons. I was given a rare bottle of Willet for my birthday a year with a hefty proof, around 120. First time I tried it neat it was just too strong to really appreciate. Give it an ice cube and 5 minutes and it's incredibly good.

  14. #234
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nice advice DC. I'll have to try that. I want to get some of these ice balls.

  15. #235
    I got mine here:

    http://barsupplies.com/japanese-ball-mold-p-7645.html

    Edited to add their master section has some great stuff for home bars:

    perfect square ice cube trays
    ice crusher
    legit jiggers
    bar spoons/strainers
    nice boston/Rosle/parisian shakers
    stainless steel muddlers
    Last edited by DCDeac; 09-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    I got mine here:

    http://barsupplies.com/japanese-ball-mold-p-7645.html

    Edited to add their master section has some great stuff for home bars:

    perfect square ice cube trays
    ice crusher
    legit jiggers
    bar spoons/strainers
    nice boston/Rosle/parisian shakers
    stainless steel muddlers
    just ordered mine. i am super stoked for it to come.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Woodford Reserve and Makers should have a spot in every bar, but both are better mixing bourbons than they are sipping bourbons, with Woodford being the choice of most mixologists these days.

    I'm a single ice cube fan (ice sphere if possible) with most bourbons. I was given a rare bottle of Willet for my birthday a year with a hefty proof, around 120. First time I tried it neat it was just too strong to really appreciate. Give it an ice cube and 5 minutes and it's incredibly good.
    Barrel proof is soooo tasty straight

  18. #238
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    I've had Bakers and Bookers at over 130....

  19. #239
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    26,128
    I have to share this with you guys. Its from a patient we did yesterday.

    He initially experienced 8/10 substernal chest pain with radiated to his bilateral shoulders and chin. This was associated with nausea and diaphoresis. His friends initially asked to take him to the hospital, however he refused and requested to go to the nearby liquor store. After having no relief taking a shot of bourbon, he then agreed to present to the ED.

  20. #240
    Carnal Decadence
    HeavyPetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    13,015
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacWatcher View Post
    Whats MOMA?
    Museum of Modern Art. Are you from South Carolina or something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •