• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

What is a whiskey stone?

EM3ZZ2HX9KNJUCMB9PV7_L.jpg

Non porous rocks you can freeze and put in your drink to chill the bourbon without watering it down.

The internets and some liquor stores. The ones I have found are a tad expensive, though.

Seriously, Evan William's and Red Stag make that list? No thank you.

I posted this a while back, but I've been very happy with my Makers Mark Ice Balls. They take forever to melt (I can usually go through 3 glasses before it completely melts) and provides a little water to the glass without watering it down.
thumb.php

5295058637_e39819eca8.jpg

I posted this a while back, but I've been very happy with my Makers Mark Ice Balls. They take forever to melt (I can usually go through 3 glasses before it completely melts) and provides a little water to the glass without watering it down.
thumb.php

5295058637_e39819eca8.jpg

+1. Those are the way to go. I also posted them before, I have similar ones that I got from MOMA. They's tha bomb.

Holy shit. Those are awesome! I could even use brita water for them so that our terrible tap water doesn't taint the ice.

Woodford Reserve and Makers should have a spot in every bar, but both are better mixing bourbons than they are sipping bourbons, with Woodford being the choice of most mixologists these days.

I'm a single ice cube fan (ice sphere if possible) with most bourbons. I was given a rare bottle of Willet for my birthday a year with a hefty proof, around 120. First time I tried it neat it was just too strong to really appreciate. Give it an ice cube and 5 minutes and it's incredibly good.

Nice advice DC. I'll have to try that. I want to get some of these ice balls.

I got mine here:

http://barsupplies.com/japanese-ball-mold-p-7645.html

Edited to add their master section has some great stuff for home bars:

perfect square ice cube trays
ice crusher
legit jiggers
bar spoons/strainers
nice boston/Rosle/parisian shakers
stainless steel muddlers

Last edited:
Woodford Reserve and Makers should have a spot in every bar, but both are better mixing bourbons than they are sipping bourbons, with Woodford being the choice of most mixologists these days.

I'm a single ice cube fan (ice sphere if possible) with most bourbons. I was given a rare bottle of Willet for my birthday a year with a hefty proof, around 120. First time I tried it neat it was just too strong to really appreciate. Give it an ice cube and 5 minutes and it's incredibly good.

Barrel proof is soooo tasty straight

I have to share this with you guys. Its from a patient we did yesterday.

He initially experienced 8/10 substernal chest pain with radiated to his bilateral shoulders and chin. This was associated with nausea and diaphoresis. His friends initially asked to take him to the hospital, however he refused and requested to go to the nearby liquor store. After having no relief taking a shot of bourbon, he then agreed to present to the ED.

Back