• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

This is a great thread

One thing I hate about Africa is I miss my bourbon and my scotch. Some places sell stuff here but it is usually not a good selection

I will say they make some interesting types of liquor here

This is a great thread

One thing I hate about Africa is I miss my bourbon and my scotch. Some places sell stuff here but it is usually not a good selection

I will say they make some interesting types of liquor here

Please don't tell me you are dinking cane. That is the worst shit on the planet.

Please don't tell me you are dinking cane. That is the worst shit on the planet.

Haha i have had cane. It is definitely not my favorite but I have had worse.

But South Africa has some tremendous whiskeys and liquors and wines

I do however stay away from all kenyan drinks. Those things not only taste like shit, but wouldnt surprise me if they cause some sort of permanent damage

I will say RJ there are some liquors made with different fruits that are quite good as well. But I miss some good old American bourbon and my scotch as well

how does one pronounce "Bulleit"?

I've always heard that it is bullet,like ammunition, but when I first started drinking it I ordered it from a cocktail waitress and said "boo-lay" and got made fun of all night.

I posted this a while back, but I've been very happy with my Makers Mark Ice Balls. They take forever to melt (I can usually go through 3 glasses before it completely melts) and provides a little water to the glass without watering it down.
thumb.php

5295058637_e39819eca8.jpg

Makers sent these to me for Christmas a being a member of their email club or something like that.

how about a hollow plastic balll that you can pour bourbon direclty into and put them in the freezer....now that would be a good drink....

tried some bulleit rye last night. it was pretty decent for 25. made a really really nice manhattan. still waiting for the ice ball tray to arrive.

tried some bulleit rye last night. it was pretty decent for 25. made a really really nice manhattan. still waiting for the ice ball tray to arrive.

Bulleit was just recommended to me this afternoon as a good every day kind of drink. Good to see some verification.

Bulleit was just recommended to me this afternoon as a good every day kind of drink. Good to see some verification.

Actually, I rarely drink their bourbon. It is a decent bourbon but there are others that are much preferable. Eagle Rare is one example. With that said, you should definitely check out the rye. Especially if you are like me and live in Pennsylvania where you are at the mercy of the shitty liquor stores to provide a decent selection of rye (they never do).

Im making cocktails for myself tonight while watching football game.

Used the Bulleit rye for both a manhattan and a Vieux Carre. The Vieux Carre is shooting up my list of favorite cocktails.

Back