• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Wedding open bar serving makers.

Same! Gave me a healthy serving of it too.
Last weekend we were at another wedding we hit the bar before hand and I tried a flight of Buffalo Trace, Basil Hayden's, and Four Roses Single Barrel, the Four Roses is in my top 3 now.

I've made it my mission to try every bourbon in this thread. While at ABC the other day I bought some Rebel Yell. I find that, for the price, it's stacks up pretty well.

Now you must review all of them

I wanted nothing more than to get into some Maker's 46 after the game, but I have a horrible cold and can't smell or taste anything. Can't waste fine bourbon like that. So I just drank a whole bunch of gin and tonics with the thought that there must be something medicinal in there.

My roommate bought me a bottle of Jim Beam Devil's Cut for my birthday. Has anybody ever tried it?

We tried some during our tasting at the Jim Beam Distillery, and it wasnt bad. That seems to be the rage with bourbon distilleries now. IMO it was like moonshine with a bourbony flavor.

We did shots of it. I cant imagine anyone sipping it in large volumes. If you put ice cubes in it, you're essentially watering it down.

Hmmm...

How would you drink it?

Jimbeam.com recommends: Neat, On the Rocks, Shots, with Cola

We did shots of it. I cant imagine anyone sipping it in large volumes. If you put ice cubes in it, you're essentially watering it down.

If you put ice cubs in any drink, you're watering it down.

Which might be your point - I haven't read the whole thread, but I don't recall seeing anything about you being a "Neat or Nothing" guy.

Yeah. I saw the Jim Beam website. Really helpful.

Oh well, at least it's not Red Stag.

If you put ice cubs in any drink, you're watering it down.

Which might be your point - I haven't read the whole thread, but I don't recall seeing anything about you being a "Neat or Nothing" guy.

Basically just saying if you add ice to it, you're watering it down to what would essentially be regular JB. It defeats the purpose of the added flavor of the Devils Cut.

Work just gave me a $100 Visa gift card. Thinking about going straight to the liquor store.

I just poured some Devil's Cut on the rocks. It's smoother than I expected. I think I like it.

My mom just also gave me a $100 Visa Gift Card. The liquor store sounds like an interesting idea.

Not bourbon, but I'm sipping on some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale tonight. Got a nice hint of bourbon flavor in it.

Also, if you are floating around the pass lots on Saturday morning and catch a whiff of bourbon, I'll be throwing a few staves into the fire.

If you're into these kinds of things, try some Bourbon Barrel Ale and some Blue Moon. the presentation is pretty cool.

Back