• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I almost never see the Q in DC. At least not at the stores I'm shopping at.

Sounds like a wonderful shelf trophy. You know it's a serious release when they write a whole paragraph about the packaging/bottle design.

Recent purchases:
Weller 12yr (2 bottles)
Makers 46 cask strength
4 Roses single barrel; distillers select or something like that - was the last barrel Jim Rutledge picked out, I believe

Also really liked this years Forrester Birthday Bourbon, in case anyone got one or has a bar that got one.

Wake County ABC doing a decent job stocking...picked up a Pikesville Rye and a Bookers 2015-03 today. Both were on my list.

I picked up some Rare Breed last week. I like the hot bourbons and this doesn't disappoint. Given the poor selection in Greensboro this is not a bad semi-premium choice.

I think I just won the right to buy bottle from the BTAC in the Montgomery County, MD lottery. Waiting to get confirmation on which selection I am entitled to.

only bought one, there was another on the shelf but I didn't want to push the limits packing even more bottles (plus I just don't drink as much, which is a good thing) - but if you're ever in the Rio Grande Valley, maybe it'll still be there!

Feldmans?

Feldmans?
It was actually a Holiday store but if Feldman's is better I'll ask to make a trip next time. Usually just bring back tequila but those bottles caught my eye (and yes that Weller 12 was muy deliciouso)

Last edited:
Got the William L Weller coming my way. I'm looking forward to it. I've never tried any of the BTAC offerings.

Poured some Sweet Wheat last night and drank it out of my Glencairn glass I picked up a couple weeks ago. That glass really made a difference I thought.

Back