• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Finally got around to buying a 750ml of Eagle Rare Single Barrel....not bad for less than $30. Very smooth, a tad on the sweet side, and overall easy to drink. Like that its 90 proof and not 100.

A handful of us were drinking some Elijah Craig 18 Year before heading in on Saturday. It warmed me up nicely.

It was like 10% of a bottle I had at home, and it was supposed to be for me and one other person. It ended up being a half dozen, so we didnt get much :-(

Maybe the angels share at the bourbon distilleries is actually ghosts drinking the bourbon. Tonight at 9pm on syfy, Ghost Hunters are going to Buffalo Trace to do an investigation.

Maybe the angels share at the bourbon distilleries is actually ghosts drinking the bourbon. Tonight at 9pm on syfy, Ghost Hunters are going to Buffalo Trace to do an investigation.

Putting it in my will that my ghost gets to reside at Labrot & Graham

Had to sip on a glass of Eagle Rare while watching Ghost Hunters. They must have been there around the same time as we were this summer.

Had a 5.5 oz Knob Creek martini or two last night. I'm not if it was perfectly chilled or if the bartender was perfectly chill.

I had a few manhattans last night Sazerac Rye. Had never had it before, and it's really good, at least in a manhattan. I haven't had it straight.

I had a few manhattans last night Sazerac Rye. Had never had it before, and it's really good, at least in a manhattan. I haven't had it straight.

Also made at Buffalo Trace. If it was the 18 it's one of the better Rye's out there, I'm guessing for a Manhattan it was the 6 year. Not bad.

I made some Manhattan's last night with the Bulleit Rye. They put me straight on my ass.

Legit moonshine cherries will mess you up. I got trashed off eating a soaked peach once. The cherries are like little nuggets of nirvana.

wtf is a knob creek martini?

Rowan's Creek is the absolute shiz, if you can find it.

Question for the bourbon people around here: Pappy Van Winkle?

Tried it? Worth it? Other thoughts?

Back