• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Got a half bottle of this Calvert Extra American Whiskey in an estate sale today for free. Anyone ever had it?
5f58c1fc5d5b9d127137f6a3919ab678.jpg

Swansboro ABC has it going on for anyone in the area. KC2001 Batch 3 on the shelf, in quantity; Michter's 10 Yr Rye Barrel Strength, Angel's Envy Rye, EHT Small Batch, HW Bourye (LE) Rhetoric 22, Blood Oath. Note: I am not recommending all of those and in fact would never spend a dime on blood oath, just pointing them out as it is rarity to see the above on NC shelves. I talked to the manager for a while, she knows her stuff and keeps her good customers well stocked. That's definitely the key in NC...get to know the managers.

Last edited:
Swansboro ABC has it going on for anyone in the area. KC2001 Batch 3 on the shelf, in quantity; Michter's 10 Yr Rye Barrel Strength, Angel's Envy Rye, EHT Small Batch, Rhetoric 22, Blood Oath. Note: I am not recommending all of those and in fact would never spend a dime on blood oath, just pointing them out as it is rarity to see the above on NC shelves. I talked to the manager for a while, she knows her stuff and keeps her good customers well stocked. That's definitely the key in NC...get to know the managers.

If you are into Japanese whiskey, also look for Hibiki 12 and Yamazaki 12. Both of those are very tough to find or have gone NAS. For Irish, Jameson 12 has been fairly easy to find in North Carolina and I haven't seen it in Atlanta in a year.

BTTT

If you are in on the barrel purchase please check that subforum!

I have one really similar to that. Nice heavy glass. The stopper seal isn't great but I'm just filling it with EW BIB which I fly through anyway.

There's a new bar in Raleigh called Dram & Draught on Hillsborough that has an actual barrel in their bar from Elijah Craig that they picked out and bought. It's barrel strength (128 is what the guy said) and it is damn tasty. Have no idea if it's the same as what you can buy in the store, but haven't tried many like it. Also, Hillrock Double cask rye is fantastic. Go Deacs!

Back