• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

You gotta tell me where these places are....

You'll spend too much on gas...but it is a good place to watch Wake football on Saturdays......$3.50 1/2 pound cheeseburge/side during college football.

Just picked up the last bottle of 20 year in the shop...I've been on a MASSIVE search since they released the 2011 winter/fall bottling. I can't wait to crack the bottle open.

Has anyone had Johnny Drum? Just showed up at my local store. Bought a bottle, but haven't opened it yet.

I may or may not have had an entire fifth of the four roses small batch in a day over thanksgiving.

LLM fifth day?

Sipping on some Bulleit and Woodford Reserve right now. Honestly, I'm drinking it much faster. Emotional drinking ftw or ftl, depends on your view.

Kind of odd. The wife and I are celebrating the life of my grandmother who passed away today, who never once tried a drop of alcohol in her life.

I'd like to share my favorite cocktail made at Manifesto in KC. Check out these videos on how they infuse smoke flavor into the Four Roses and then make the cocktail. Might seem like a lot of work for a drink, but it's incredible.

Are you doing any infusing to the bourbon? If so, let me know how it turns out.

Considering buying that smoking gun in the video. I've never used liquid smoke in cooking, but could it be a substitute?

Considering buying that smoking gun in the video. I've never used liquid smoke in cooking, but could it be a substitute?

I wouldnt use it under any circumstances. I cant stand the stuff, and quite a few people I know have had some major bowel issues after eating food that it was used on.

I wouldnt use it under any circumstances. I cant stand the stuff, and quite a few people I know have had some major bowel issues after eating food that it was used on.

Liquid smoke? Yeah, that stuff is disgusting.

Hittin' some Knob Creek right now...not bad. (Admittedly, I'm a bourbon novice through and through.)

Back