• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Jesus 11

3fcc143c35514c32752c4517cc0d0d7e.jpg

Here we go. This is nice, yet really interesting. Lots of vanilla. The finish is a little short, but I still like it. It's Christmas-y

Fellas, I finally tried the Boards Four Roses as well as some Elijah Craig barrel proof that I traded a bottle for. I never drank bourbon by itself for an entire evening until this past friday night. I am now hooked. The Four Roses was so good and I dug the Elijah Craig as well as it was darker with a more oak taste. I wanna drink all the bourbon all the time now. Felt alot better the next day than when i drink 18 coors lights.

Sooo my good friend that is a store rep/distributor for Brown-Forman was going through some of the stores services and found a bottle of Pappy 20 sitting on the shelf at an ABC store in Mecklenburg county at a store that wasn't exactly in the best part of town. Lucky bastard. He bought it no the spot obviously.

Man Blanton's can't be found anywhere right now at least not close to me. Anyone having any luck up around Kings Mountain/Charlotte area? I have to be up that way later in the week.

Sooo my good friend that is a store rep/distributor for Brown-Forman was going through some of the stores services and found a bottle of Pappy 20 sitting on the shelf at an ABC store in Mecklenburg county at a store that wasn't exactly in the best part of town. Lucky bastard. He bought it no the spot obviously.

How is this possible? Mecklenburg county allocates its Pappy via an email distribution list. First email respondents get the rights to buy a bottle, and they're normally held at the Park Rd location (good part of town). Only thought is maybe someone requested to pick up a bottle from that particular store but never showed up. Or there was just a complete glitch in the warehouse.

Man Blanton's can't be found anywhere right now at least not close to me. Anyone having any luck up around Kings Mountain/Charlotte area? I have to be up that way later in the week.

Seems most BT brands are scarce in NC these days. Except AA.

Jesus whiskey 12

53b3cfe5ff0024c5bc52a5a920486e10.jpg

This is an easy drinker. Reminds me of Balvenie 12 in a lot of respects. Vanilla and oak. Light body. Good stuff, but nothing that will blow you away.

To keep with the scotch tonight, I just poured a bit of this

7b778b2c629fcc4824e5eb9903703f5e.jpg

I really like it.

How is this possible? Mecklenburg county allocates its Pappy via an email distribution list. First email respondents get the rights to buy a bottle, and they're normally held at the Park Rd location (good part of town). Only thought is maybe someone requested to pick up a bottle from that particular store but never showed up. Or there was just a complete glitch in the warehouse.

Yea I have no clue. We both were on the email chain and didn't get a bottle so your guess is as good as mine. He's a lucky SOB though.

Is there anyone that posts on this thread that doesn't like Bulleit?

The wife was looking for a holiday gift for her boss. She was going to get him whisky glasses, so I suggested if he was a bourbon drinker to just get him some damn bourbon. With a relatively unknown gift recipient, I figured a well-known, workhorse label would work, so I suggested Bulleit b/c I've literally never met someone who would say no to it.

Last edited:
I liked the green label bulleit more than the orange label...orange label is my go to mixer as I bought a huge bottle at a florida costco last year.

7bab8077569169f15355fd3da45996c8.jpg

1792 - I really enjoyed this offering. Possibly my favorite so far. Very little burn for being a higher proof, and some nice, subtle flavors. Had a nice, evenly rounded array of flavors that you come to expect in a decent bourbon. I wouldn't mind having a bottle or three of this to occasionally sip on.

I had a bottle of their Sweet Wheat and really enjoyed it! Wish I had bought several more. They also have a chocolate bourbon ball cream that is very similar to the Buffalo Trace bourbon cream. Sazerac owns both distilleries.

Just had a member come by my office and give me a set of Norlan glasses. Can't wait to try it out tonight with some OGBoards bourbon. Anyone drink from that glass?

Back