• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

1a5dcd3af58544ea516ae89419f4640b.jpg

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Jesus whiskey 18

83f0001849e6999479f2f7f0393e70a3.jpg

This one is really nice, and pretty intense. Lots of deep spices and caramel. Oaky but not overpoweringly so. A little sweetness at the end. I really would not mind having a bottle of this at home.

Jesus Bourbon #21
6f9cf145c6b9a6908b4b7d9fedfd84bd.jpg

Easily my favorite offering under the Jim Beam name. Definitely more sweet flavored tasting the oak, with a smooth finish.

Like some others here, I mix drinks with Evan Williams white label.

What are other equal to or better options?

Like some others here, I mix drinks with Evan Williams white label.

What are other equal to or better options?

It's been my go-to mixer for five or six years. I also use Old Granddad BIB and Ritt BIB. You can go cheaper if you want but that usually includes a drop in proof. I like sticking with a BIB or higher proof.

Jesus whiskey 19

3d08cefa11ad9e38ac9ccb50a1988149.jpg

I don't hate this one, but I don't love it. Very thin and light in color. A little citrus, a little sugar and not much else. Not very complex at all and just pretty boring. I wouldn't waste my time on it if I came across it in the wild.

e3c45d8f8da70cb14c7e89e57198a3c7.jpg

#22. I liked this one. Probably should have stopped after the 1st drink because I don't remember what it tastes like other than it was good. Fuck.

Jesus whiskey 20

8ab3891bcf4c6cec58d1a265b949d936.jpg

I like this one despite its young age. Light in color but thicker than I was expecting. Lots of smoke but it's not overpowering and doesn't linger like some others I've had. Grassy, and maybe banana bread. And while it's not as hot as some other 135 proofers I've had, it'll definitely put hair on your chest. I would recommend this one if you see it.

If anyone in Greensboro is looking for OGD 114, they have several bottles at the store near the Target on Battleground. I never see it at my regular store (the downtown location).

I was at the downtown ABC this afternoon and they had a ton of 114. Must have been a new shipment. They didn't really have anything else unique though. And the employees there have never been very helpful - I like the new store over on market much better.

Jesus whiskey 21

5dada0982755a6b1126c761e3fcfec77.jpg

Well now, this is amazing. Sweet like an aged rum, buttery like toffee, a nice pleasant burn. I want it all. I will find it.

I was at the downtown ABC this afternoon and they had a ton of 114. Must have been a new shipment. They didn't really have anything else unique though. And the employees there have never been very helpful - I like the new store over on market much better.

There are 19 or so cases of 114 left in state warehouse...once that goes, its gone. Picking up two more bottles on Monday to have 5 in the bunker.

Deacwatcher did you try the corner creek a week or two ago?

Believe it or not they ran dry when I got there at 8 so I had to go with Bulliet. Still very curious about it though.

Have not seen it around here though except in restaurants.

Jesus whiskey 22

c17a8779300d357f4c08b746a1a6f8e2.jpg

This one is pretty nice. Tropical fruits and a little grassy. Defs has a lip tingling burn to it. Pretty light in color and thickness. Good stuff.

In the past 24 hours I have received bottles of Knob Creek and Maker's Mark as gifts from buddies. Shaping up to be quite a Merry Christmas, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bourbon per se but it's close enough so I figured I'd post it here. Got some Nikka Coffey Grain Whiskey as a work gift. It is absolutely delicious. Never really tried a Japanese Whisky before and it seems like they vary greatly in style by the distillery. A pretty nice vanilla nutty taste with the grainy whisky.

Also got some Bulleit Rye from my mother, which is always nice. Probably my favorite in terms of price/quality trade-off.

Last edited:
Back