• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

apparently if you live in the midwest and like pappy don't plan on buying any until after the first of the year. No one has any according to the whiskey guy at my local liquor store.

Polished off a 1/2 a 5th of Eagle Rare last night. Nice.

apparently if you live in the midwest and like pappy don't plan on buying any until after the first of the year. No one has any according to the whiskey guy at my local liquor store.

Just bought my first bottle in Springfield MO. Bought the 20 year, but they had 3 bottles of the 23 yr left. So pumped. I saw it last night then spent the rest of evening and this morning scheming how to convince my wife to let me get it. Basically told her I wouldn't buy any more booze for a long time, which hopefully she forgets.

I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to a guy at a small/medium wine store in KC. He said they don't get any Pappy anymore because the distributor was forcing them to carry a bunch of other shit like 99 bananas, and they chose not to comply.

Still waiting to hear wtf a knob creek martini is

Scored a bottle of Four Roses Yellow Label and a bottle of W.L. Weller Special reserve. Two very good bargain bourbons.

Just bought my first bottle in Springfield MO. Bought the 20 year, but they had 3 bottles of the 23 yr left. So pumped. I saw it last night then spent the rest of evening and this morning scheming how to convince my wife to let me get it. Basically told her I wouldn't buy any more booze for a long time, which hopefully she forgets.

Enjoy. The 20 year is better than the 23 IMO.

I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate it for you, but chances of finding any at this point are slim. The fall bottling has been out in your area for a while now.

Still waiting to hear wtf a knob creek martini is

It's basically what a really shaken martini of any liquour is.

You put a bunch of Knob Creek in a shaker, put some ice in it and then shake it until the shake frosts over.

You finish by straining out the ice and serviing up in a large martini glass -preferably 5 oz or so.

One of my good friends emailed this to me last night. Its an interesting concept that I might try after we get back from the bowl game.

You add 3 three cinnamon sticks, 2 vanilla bean pods, and a granny smith apple to a bottle of bourbon; let it sit for a week; and then strain it into a mason jar. It's like the taste of Christmas in a bottle. Enjoy the holidays.

One of my good friends emailed this to me last night. Its an interesting concept that I might try after we get back from the bowl game.

You add 3 three cinnamon sticks, 2 vanilla bean pods, and a granny smith apple to a bottle of bourbon; let it sit for a week; and then strain it into a mason jar. It's like the taste of Christmas in a bottle. Enjoy the holidays.
Interesting. I might give this a whirl with some mid-range stuff.

Maybe warm it a bit for a night time toddy??

Interesting. I might give this a whirl with some mid-range stuff.

Maybe warm it a bit for a night time toddy??

Bourbon cider and similar iterations like the one pictured here is everywhere this year. A friend just made some on Sat night that was great. Defs great warmed up.

You put a bunch of Knob Creek in a shaker, put some ice in it and then shake it until the shake frosts over.

You finish by straining out the ice and serviing up in a large martini glass -preferably 5 oz or so.

I'm not sure that's not what a "martini of any liqour is". I've never heard of a martini involving simply shaking a single liquor with ice and pouring into a glass. A Gin or Vodka Martini both have additional mixers, and a typical bourbon martini does as well. That may be what you ordered, but it's not what a normal martini is.

I rather enjoy a Manhattan, but if I'm going to drink bourbon neat, it won't be in a martini glass.

Bourbon cider and similar iterations like the one pictured here is everywhere this year. A friend just made some on Sat night that was great. Defs great warmed up.

We got a bottle of something similar with rum when we were in St Lucia. Quite tasty. I'm looking forward to experimenting with his recipe for bourbon. I like the taste of the nicer bourbons, so if I try it, my guess is I'll use a cheaper variation.

So much fail in this post.

So much fail in this post.

Sorry but that is what happens at many places.

As to infusing bourbon with fruit, it's done with Patron tequila. It used to be a staple at a restaurant chain claled Z Tejas.

Back