• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

The new Wild Turkey Longbranch may be some of the best & smoothest I have tried in a while. A small batch that is smoothed out with Texas mesquite charcoals. Have no need to mix it with anything except a couple cubes of ice!

I’m sure it’s been mentioned here before but holy shit Jack Rose is one hell of a whiskey bar

I’m sure it’s been mentioned here before but holy shit Jack Rose is one hell of a whiskey bar

0e1kftf.jpg

Literally across the street from my apartment and I hardly ever go. I'll get a drink upstairs when it is nice out and there is a game worth watching.

Should be said it's a 70 page whiskey menu and that's their top shelf page, so to speak.

I guess they weren't special enough to get the 27 yo Willet's. It's a bit north of $3000 per bottle if you can get on the list.

Aside from the fact that their listed Willett selections are probably top, top notch regardless of age and also aside from the fact that higher age does not necessarily mean better, and also aside from the fact that this bar is special enough to be on whatever list you’d need to be on to get any rare bourbon...

you should know there is literally a 27 year willett sitting right there on the list.

I guess they weren't special enough to get the 27 yo Willet's. It's a bit north of $3000 per bottle if you can get on the list.
Aside from the fact that their listed Willett selections are probably top, top notch regardless of age and also aside from the fact that higher age does not necessarily mean better, and also aside from the fact that this bar is special enough to be on whatever list you’d need to be on to get any rare bourbon...

you should know there is literally a 27 year willett sitting right there on the list.
Lol

Given that the Parker's Heritage that is $125 for 1 oz costs about $500/bottle, I seriously doubt a $3300 bottle would cost $133/oz.

Also there are only a couple of casks of the 27 yo Willet Family Estate per year. According to the Willet family they only get about 14-16 bottles per cask for the $3300 bottles, even a place like Jack Rose may not be on the list.

Back