• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I got him a bottle of the Four Roses Single Barrel and a bottle of the Jefferson Ocean Aged... I agree with some of the later comments that the Ocean Aged thing is kind of silly - but it is something different and comes with a story about the voyage it took... He is a big boat and ocean person too so it seemed to fit. He seemed to like my choices and was appreciative.

The wedding came off perfectly - so all is well.

Great to hear and congrats, scooter!

My local bourbon club just dropped a barrel proof, single barrel pick from Jack Daniels...bottled at 131 proof. Guys who picked it said it's a honey barrel; looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

My local bourbon club just dropped a barrel proof, single barrel pick from Jack Daniels...bottled at 131 proof. Guys who picked it said it's a honey barrel; looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

holy shit

Any extra bottles of that floating around for purchase?

5b1ftc.jpg

Back to normal life this morning after my wedding and a mini honeymoon down on Martha’s Vineyard. It was a wonderful weekend with a number of highlights but this wedding gift from the wife was one of the very best. She also got a nice bottle of scotch to be shared by the groomsmen while we were getting ready. Really nailed it!

Great meet up tonight with the local bourbon club; was hosted by the chef/owner of a southern food restaurant here at Denver. Had about 15 members how up; got a chance to try:
Old Fitz 13
Old Fitz 11
Old Fitz Prime
New Riff Rye
Knob Creek Cask Strength Rye
Bridger 10 year Whiskey
and an Old Forrester private label (Kentucky only release) whose name currently escapes me.

Good times all around tonight.

Snagged a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof at retail today; pretty stoked to try it as it's been on my radar a long time.

Same here, I happened to find a bottle at the NC ABC store at the beach two weeks ago when popping in to buy cheap rum. I’d been trying to find it for years and any of the non-ABC stores I used to shop would certainly have charged like 2x retail if they ever had it.

Was at a wedding this past weekend of a cousin of mine and the Dad poured from a bottle of something called Blood Oath, Part 4. I looked it up and it runs about $150. It looks to be a blending of a 12, 10, and a 9 year bourbons. It was pretty good but can't see paying that kind of dough if I could find a bottle from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Picked up my JD bottle. Was sampled at 5.5 years, bottled closer to 6.

Only the 11th barrel that they have released this year; can’t wait to crack it open!

d4bbc462a7949702c501584feecfb624.jpg

Same here, I happened to find a bottle at the NC ABC store at the beach two weeks ago when popping in to buy cheap rum. I’d been trying to find it for years and any of the non-ABC stores I used to shop would certainly have charged like 2x retail if they ever had it.

ECBP has been more readily available in NC over the last year. I saw A119 and B519 both at different stores last week...have 3 bottles from over the last two years lined up to go as well as a bourbon society private EC barrel 94 proof pick that one of the stores near Raleigh has.

Doing the bourbon trail mid-September for my brothers 30th birthday. Any recs?

Went to a place this weekend that has the Guiness World Record for largest single collection of different whiskey, scotch and bourbons. It was row after row of different bottles. They also had a tasting room where the walls were covered in model cars that were full of Jim Bean. There is a whiskey club where guys buy bottles and come back in a group and sample the different bottles, its a good time, and I decided to start my own collection there.

Picture of just some of the stuff

1242003806322.jpg

Doing the bourbon trail mid-September for my brothers 30th birthday. Any recs?

I went to Buffalo Trace, Woodford and Four Roses. Four Roses is great because they have special distiller’s select stuff that you can only find in the gift shop. Buffalo Trace and Woodford were nice but if I were to do it over again I would reserve online to go on one of the specialty tours instead of just doing the free one. The free distillery tours are nice but they get repetitive since they all show the same thing.

If you get sick of bourbon and want something different there’s a good brandy distillery in Louisville called Copper & Kings.

Back