• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Jesus whiskey 18 is Ailsa Bay Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke (97.8 pf). Hmm. I dunno about this one. Kind of astringent, like chloroceptic. Very smoky, like a campfire. Definitely sweet and maybe minty. This is not my jam. It’s not bad, just not my thing.

In case no one is commenting these reviews are really appreciated.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Tonight is famous grouse smoky black next to the fireplace. Within the thin blend of really young sweet whisky and neutral spirit blend I get a nice touch of peat smoke, as much as you’re allowed to have in a $25 blended scotch. This is my go to when I’m tired and done thinking for the day but want a smoky scotch.

Jesus whiskey 19 is a familiar one for me, Laphroig Lore (96pf). Very smoky and a bit minty. I get some chocolaty notes, and a little spiciness. It’s a nice enough whiskey if you like peat that punches you in the face, but that’s not really my style.

Whiskey 20 is That Boutique-y Whisky Co. - Bowmore 19 Year Old Batch 12 (102.8 pf). Super excited for this one. Smoky, but very nicely done and not overpowering, and a little spicy. Chocolaty, malty. This is an excellent whiskey. Truly a very very nice dram and one that would impress anyone. I will defs see if I can find some.

I'm enjoying all of the reviews. My sister in law surprised me with a bottle of Angel's Envy for Christmas. Not a bottle I would buy on my own, but I don't and won't turn down free whiskey.

Whiskey 21 is another from That Boutique-y Whiskey Company: Speyside No. 2, 25 year - Batch 1 (103.2 pf). Holy balls this is good. I immediately get the heat and some cinnamony spiciness. There is some warm fruitiness to it, and maybe some lemon. This is an outstanding pour. Absolutely nothing I don’t like about it.

just stopped in a wake county abc to investigate a "rumor" and walked out with a stagg jr, buffalo trace, blanton's and a handle of eagle rare. nice start to the holiday week.

guy on reddit just posted that his county in NC just had a christmas drop and he got a smokewagon, 1792 sweet wheat, weller 107 and an EHT small batch. last year i got a george t stagg in raleigh the day before christmas. now is definitely the time for random store drop-ins and you may get lucky.

just stopped in a wake county abc to investigate a "rumor" and walked out with a stagg jr, buffalo trace, blanton's and a handle of eagle rare. nice start to the holiday week.

Whoa! This the sandy forks gold mine? Usually best stock in county

Whoa! This the sandy forks gold mine? Usually best stock in county

Nope...sandy forks had a line of 20 at the door when they opened today. i've found the big wake county stores like sandy forks, cameron village are so heavily trafficked that word is immediate if something good has come in. try the little stores off the beaten track and you are more likely to get lucky. i hesitate to name things - don't want to give away too much info. send me a pm if you are not a flipper / hoarder. though even at the store i went to at 6pm...they had 4 bottles of stagg jr remaining when i left and they were gone by 6:45 and it was a limit of 1 bottle brand per customer.

Whiskey 22 is Whistlepig 12 yr Old World Rye (86 pf). Don’t think I’ve ever had this one before. Apparently it is finished in a selection of wine casks - 63% Madeira, 30% Sauternes and 7% Port. Can defs smell the rye right off the bat. It’s quite sweet up front, like cake. Fruity, a little spicy, not much of a burn. This is really really nice. Without question my favorite WP that I’ve had.

Whiskey 23 is Tomatin 30 year (92 pf). I get some honey and some gingerbread. Kind of grassy on the backend. Definitely malty. Very smooth with a nice little tingly burn. A very very nice whiskey. Would be an excellent pickup if you can find it. I’m sure my dad will enjoy it. He’s got a few bottles of Tomatin Decades which he loves.

Cracked a bottle of FR Small Batch Select this evening. I've yet to have anything from FR that I didn't absolutely love.

My friend just dropped off bottle 568 of the first batch ever of Fisher's bourbon. Don't know if good or not.. will report back!
1a10132897a00f527d06c251f911bb50.jpg

Back