• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Any thoughts on Old Forester 1920 prohibition style? Looking for a nicer bottle and someone rec'd to me as something non four roses which I usually drink. Thanks as didn't have the patience to search 700pages here!

A personal favorite of mine. About as easy of a drinker out there for 115 proof and is usually not too difficult to get your hands on. For $55-$60, you can't go wrong.

Have we mentioned that Wild Turkey Rye 101 proof is now available in NC for $25?? Gotta compare Rittenhouse asap as my go-to rye...

Picked up a couple of interesting store picks the other day:

Rebel Yell Distiller's Collection (113 proof)

Maker's Mark Private Selection (111 proof), with bespoke virgin oak stave profile.

Not sure I'll have the nuanced palate to identify the stave selections, but I thought it was worth trying out. The dude who made the picks seemed to know his shit

Picked up a couple of interesting store picks the other day:

Rebel Yell Distiller's Collection (113 proof)

Maker's Mark Private Selection (111 proof), with bespoke virgin oak stave profile.

Not sure I'll have the nuanced palate to identify the stave selections, but I thought it was worth trying out. The dude who made the picks seemed to know his shit

Had a rebel distiller’s collection that i really, really enjoyed. Think they are all the same proof. Had a maker’s stave that didnt really do it for me. All good except the finish was just an alcohol note

Had a rebel distiller’s collection that i really, really enjoyed. Think they are all the same proof. Had a maker’s stave that didnt really do it for me. All good except the finish was just an alcohol note
You also seem to also have a more nuanced palate than me. Haven't opened the MM but have been really enjoying the Rebels.

My local watering hole randomly brought in Bulleit Barrel Proof and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. Way better than any other Bulleit product I've ever tasted.

Had pours of EH Taylor Single Barrel BIB and then a tough to find Old Forrester (can't remember the specific bottle) this weekend. Did not realize how much the EHT sells for these days. Wild. Both very good, but actually preferred the OF drinking neat, as it was quite a bit smoother. EHT would have been better with an ice cube for me.

This gas station in Kansas City might have the highest prices I have ever seen at a retailer.

6e862a3b6d3f5d499a771c672513ea2f.jpg

Makes for a cool picture though

You'd think a gas station would keep something that valuable behind glass or something

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B520 is awesome. Tastes like vanilla extract with toffee and nutmeg.

Used to be able to find them no problem. I got the A series but B and C have been elusive. C919 is my favorite of the ones I've had. I simply can't get over how much flavor a whiskey that hot has.

Tried a new brand recently that I actually like quite a bit called Rabbit Hole. I'm typically wary of new entrants to the market, but I really liked I liked both the rye and the Deringer, which is a sherry cask finished bourbon. My brother has also tried the regular bourbon and really liked it. Don't know how widely available it is, but check it out if you see it.

Most recently into Elijah Craig (seriously almost typed Ezra Klein) of the cheap-ish bourbons. The Heaven Hill stuff has all been solid so far.

Most recently into Elijah Craig (seriously almost typed Ezra Klein) of the cheap-ish bourbons. The Heaven Hill stuff has all been solid so far.

Just grabbed the Barrel Proof EC (B521) tasty and the first ever ECBP under 120 proof (previous low was 122 and change). Anyone seen/tasted the C921?

Just grabbed the Barrel Proof EC (B521) tasty and the first ever ECBP under 120 proof (previous low was 122 and change). Anyone seen/tasted the C921?

Doesn't come out until Sept 2021. That's what the 921 indicates. A series is January and B series is May.

Well it’s that time again!

Jesus Whiskey 1: The Glenrothes 18 Year Old - Soleo Collection (86pf). This is aged in “sherry seasoned oak”. I definitely get the sweetness from the sherry and a little bit of orange. It’s nutty, but there is also a little bit of earthy funk to it, though not in a bad way. It’s really nice and while there is a tiny bite to it, it is super easy to drink. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you see it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad pour of anything from Glenrothes, and this is no different.

Jesus Whiskey 2 is a known quantity, Johnny Walker Blue. Lightly smoky, very smooth, and very easy to drink. There’s maybe a hint of honey and vanilla. It’s not bad at all, just not super interesting.

I gotta say - I haven't enjoyed an Elijah Craig bottle of anything in a really long time.

I've been on a Dickel BIB kick lately, which is surprisingly easy to find out here

Back