• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Got my dad a bottle of Widow Jane for Christmas. Never had it and hope he lets me try it. :)

I told my dad and brother that I would finish the last bit of a bottle of Jefferson 18 with them if we win another championship this weekend. Will be sad to see it go but ecstatic about the occasion.

Jesus Whiskey 3 is Caol Ila 18 Yr (86 pf). I’m super familiar with the 14 yr but less so with the 18 yr. It’s super peaty at first but it dissipates quickly so it’s not overwhelming, and there is a menthol finish on it which is interesting. It’s got a nice spice to it and lots of wood. This is really nice and different. This is one of this scotches that is nice to have around for one glass every once in a while and not something to crush.

Curious if you like Jesus Whiskey #4 as much as I did. I'm a day ahead because I couldn't wait and drank #1 at midnight...

ugh one year i'm gonna remember to get the jesus whiskey calendar

I am having a glass of Alberta Premium Rye tonight that is fantastic. It’s $60 a bottle at Costco right now.

I told my dad and brother that I would finish the last bit of a bottle of Jefferson 18 with them if we win another championship this weekend. Will be sad to see it go but ecstatic about the occasion.

I don’t think I’ve ever had Jefferson 18. At the price it currently goes for I don’t think I ever will. If the Deacs win tonight maybe I’ll finally finish off the last little bit of Vintage 17 I have left (thanks Bears!).

I don’t think I’ve ever had Jefferson 18. At the price it currently goes for I don’t think I ever will. If the Deacs win tonight maybe I’ll finally finish off the last little bit of Vintage 17 I have left (thanks Bears!).

It’s pretty spectacular. I got a bottle for myself and one for a friend’s wedding present forever ago and they were ~$95 each. Have never been able to pull the trigger on finishing it but figure this would qualify as an occasion for it. Otherwise I’ll finish it with my dad when he turns 60 next year.

Jesus whiskey 4 is Teeling (Irish whiskey) 18 year Renaissance Series 3 (92 pf). It was finished in muscat wine casks, which I don’t recall seeing before. This is a really nice Irish whiskey. It’s got a nice little bite, but nothing over the top. I definitely get a decent amount of fruit if some kind, maybe mango? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno, but I like it a lot. I would absolutely buy a bottle or three if I came across it.

Curious if you like Jesus Whiskey #4 as much as I did. I'm a day ahead because I couldn't wait and drank #1 at midnight...

Thought it was great, as did both my dad and brother. I wish I had more to sip on.

Picked up a local bottle for today's postgame celebration/consolation drink. Batch 206 Old Log Cabin.

Well needless to say, my remaining V17 didn’t not get poured after last night’s complete and utter shitshow. I’m guessing that Jefferson 18 is safe and sound as well.

But onwards to Baby Jesus Whiskey 5: Ledaig 18 year (92.6 pf). Never had this brand before. I haven’t tasted it but I can smell the peat from 2 feet away. Sipping it, it is definitely heavy on the peat. Not as aggressive as Laphroig in my opinion, but definitely in the upper tier. I definitely get some kind of herbal and menthol notes from it, and it’s got a good amount of sweetness to it. Nice mild bite to it as well. If you like heavily plated scotch, then you’d probably like this one. They aren’t typically my favorite thing, but I could hang in there for a glass or two of this one.

Well needless to say, my remaining V17 didn’t not get poured after last night’s complete and utter shitshow. I’m guessing that Jefferson 18 is safe and sound as well.

But onwards to Baby Jesus Whiskey 5: Ledaig 18 year (92.6 pf). Never had this brand before. I haven’t tasted it but I can smell the peat from 2 feet away. Sipping it, it is definitely heavy on the peat. Not as aggressive as Laphroig in my opinion, but definitely in the upper tier. I definitely get some kind of herbal and menthol notes from it, and it’s got a good amount of sweetness to it. Nice mild bite to it as well. If you like heavily plated scotch, then you’d probably like this one. They aren’t typically my favorite thing, but I could hang in there for a glass or two of this one.

Completely unthreatened 😭

Jesus Whiskey 6 is Tamdhu 15 year (92pf). Don’t think I’ve ever had this one before. The sherry cask finish hits like a truck for me. Lots of dried fruit. And more dried fruit. No peat to speak of and it is very smooth. It’s a nice tasting whiskey for sure, but personally it’s not my thing. Not bad, just doesn’t get me excited.

Jesus whiskey 7 is another new one: Gullivers 47 10yr (94pf). Apparently this is an English whiskey, which I don’t recall having before (I’ve had Welsh whiskey, but I don’t thin English). Right off the bat it’s got a strong smoky smell. It has something going on that makes it seem kind of christmasy. Like fruity and spicy and bready. It’s pretty unique. I’ve had things similar to it before, but not in a while and not very often. I appreciate that it’s not the same old thing, but I’m not crushing a bottle of this. This is a one and done kind of pour for me.

Back