• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Jesus Whiskey 8 is Glen Scotia 18 (92pf). So I’m having trouble getting much from this one, other than oak. It’s sherry cask finished, but I wouldn’t have known that if I didn’t look it up. Maybe there is some fruit on the finish, but that may just me searching for something. No peat to it and it’s got a bit more of a bit than I was expecting. Not super excited by this one. Not bad, just totally fine.

I picked up a bottle of Old Ezra 7 the other day on a whim. Haven’t cracked it yet but looking forward to trying it

Jesus Whiskey 3 is Caol Ila 18 Yr (86 pf). I’m super familiar with the 14 yr but less so with the 18 yr. It’s super peaty at first but it dissipates quickly so it’s not overwhelming, and there is a menthol finish on it which is interesting. It’s got a nice spice to it and lots of wood. This is really nice and different. This is one of this scotches that is nice to have around for one glass every once in a while and not something to crush.

I've got a bottle of the 14yr that I bought in duty free a few years ago. We went to the distillery on Islay, lovely setting on the Jura channel. Saw my lifer Guillemot from the parking lot over looking the channel.

Jesus Whiskey 9 is Eagan’s Centenary Irish Whiskey (92pf). I quite like this one. It’s got a nice heat to it for only being 92pf. I get some banana and some leather, and it goes down nice and warm. I just finished off the last bit in my decanter that has only been dedicated to Irish whiskey for the past 15+ years (also my only decanter), so I might have to fill it up with this next.

Baby Jesus Lord lyin' there in his ghost manger, just lookin' at his Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors, Whiskey 10: Crabbie 15 yr (86pf). So this is sourced from a mystery distillery in the Highlands and aged all 15 years in sherry casks. I quite like this. It’s got a touch of peat to it, but it’s nice and light and just right. There’s a saltiness to it that I really like and some orange peel maybe. This is really nice and one that I could definitely drink on for a night.

Probably been discussed here sometime back, but finally came across a bottle of Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. It’s not aged 10 years anymore but more like 6. Still at $28 for a 1.75 bottle it’s a pretty decent sipper.

Was out yesterday so I’ve got two to open today. Jesus whiskey 11 is Singleton of Dufftown 18 Year Old (80pf). Right off the bat this is super malty with lots of vanilla and some spiciness. Very smooth and easy drinking. Nothing bad to say about it.

Whiskey 12 is House of Hazelwood 18 year (80pf). This one is quite different. Much lighter in color and in heft. There is both a lot going on and not much going on at the same time. I’m kind of perplexed by it. It’s not terribly interesting for me, but it’s still a nice drinking whiskey. Well this is a terrible review. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably been discussed here sometime back, but finally came across a bottle of Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. It’s not aged 10 years anymore but more like 6. Still at $28 for a 1.75 bottle it’s a pretty decent sipper.

I keep a bottle on hand for cooking. Always have a shot when I cook with it. That's what my Mom always had on hand for making hot toddies.

Was out yesterday so I’ve got two to open today. Jesus whiskey 11 is Singleton of Dufftown 18 Year Old (80pf). Right off the bat this is super malty with lots of vanilla and some spiciness. Very smooth and easy drinking. Nothing bad to say about it.

Whiskey 12 is House of Hazelwood 18 year (80pf). This one is quite different. Much lighter in color and in heft. There is both a lot going on and not much going on at the same time. I’m kind of perplexed by it. It’s not terribly interesting for me, but it’s still a nice drinking whiskey. Well this is a terrible review. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol I appreciate the honest review

Whiskey 13 is Loch Lomond 18 year (92 pf). This is really nice. Thick consistency, oaky, bready, lots of honey. Just a whisper of smoke, very smooth. This is really really good. Don’t remember if I’ve had it before but I’m going to try and remember it.

Jesus whiskey 14 is Glenfarclas 21 Year Old (86pf). Sweet lord baby Jesus this is good. Heavy on the sherry with lots of fruit. I definitely get some burnt orange. Bready and full bodied and all around an awesome fucking whiskey. This is a really good pour and not at all hard to find. Ima definitely pick some up.

Whiskey 15, which I’m having from my hotel room in beautiful Rockford, Illinois, is The Perspective Series 21 Year Old - Berry Bros. & Rudd (86 pf). Oh boy this is nice. I instantly get dried fruits and some good earthy dirt flavors. It’s thick and creamy and oaky and smooth and tasty as shit. This is a really good blended scotch whiskey.

Back