• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

That's funny -- I used this video and his technique last night without having seen your post. Good stuff. I use Woodford, as that is my jam (just bought a big ass bottle of it yesterday). It turned out well. I may experiment and trying muddling an orange slice, then maybe muddling just the orange peel, just to taste the difference.

In my opinion, skip the ice, and use a raw sugar cube if you have it but stir the heck out of it so it's 100% dissolved.

The best Old Fashioned I've ever had was at Drink in Boston.

And you're in good company trusting in Woodford. The first time I managed to get a seat at the tiny PX Lounge bar in DC where they have pretty much everything - Woodford led the way in their bourbon drinks. I was pretty surprised considering the hype that the elite bourbons have been getting, but the head bartender said that it was almost a perfect mixing bourbon - consistent and just complex enough to add layers to a drink but not so complex that it would overpower other ingredients. He said they routinely experiment with newer/rarer bourbons but that nothing beats Woodford Reserve.

Yeah! Where you at tuff?!

TeacherFianceeDeac's hometown, GC. It's a decent enough place but I still don't know my way around town.

I have to go to the other liquor store (first place blew!), but can't do that until FutureWifeyDeac gets her car back from the stealership.

And you're in good company trusting in Woodford. The first time I managed to get a seat at the tiny PX Lounge bar in DC where they have pretty much everything - Woodford led the way in their bourbon drinks. I was pretty surprised considering the hype that the elite bourbons have been getting, but the head bartender said that it was almost a perfect mixing bourbon - consistent and just complex enough to add layers to a drink but not so complex that it would overpower other ingredients. He said they routinely experiment with newer/rarer bourbons but that nothing beats Woodford Reserve.

Woodford is so awesome. I'm not going to say it's the best (obviously the best bourbon is whatever the reader enjoys most), but it's so incredibly versatile.

Woodford is so awesome. I'm not going to say it's the best (obviously the best bourbon is whatever the reader enjoys most), but it's so incredibly versatile.

you are so full of shit...pander to the weak rather than being honest.

I'll make another offer.

Tuff, you have you your experts and your opinion. I have my experts and my opinion.

We can leave it there. Unless you have a need to continue a useless argument.

TeacherFianceeDeac's hometown, GC. It's a decent enough place but I still don't know my way around town.

I have to go to the other liquor store (first place blew!), but can't do that until FutureWifeyDeac gets her car back from the stealership.

Never got to go to the other place! Bummer! There's always tomorrow (and Buffalo after that).

I'll make another offer.

Tuff, you have you your experts and your opinion. I have my experts and my opinion.

We can leave it there. Unless you have a need to continue a useless argument.

:laugh: How many more times are you going to post saying the argument is over? Tuff hasn't had anything to say about it in the last couple of pages.

For last night's Old Fashioned experiment, I muddled a piece of orange in with the simple syrup and bitters. Still good, but I kind of preferred the non-muddled orange peel instead. Tonight, I'm going to try muddling just the peel.

Decided to hold out for Buffalo and some Black Maple Hill from Premier Wines & Spirits. Tough decision, but I think it's the right one.

It's disappointing how little shelf space is given to bourbon in Long Island. I would negrep Nassau County if I could.

It's disappointing how little shelf space is given to bourbon in Long Island. I would negrep Nassau County if I could.

What's disappointing is just how much space is given to Vodka in every store I've ever been in. How many different brands of "I'm not a man, even if I do have a penis" flavored Vodka do you need?

Vodka sells sadly. They mix in everything, and bourbon, while a love to many of us, is a much smaller market.

What's disappointing is just how much space is given to Vodka in every store I've ever been in. How many different brands of "I'm not a man, even if I do have a penis" flavored Vodka do you need?

Burnett's, Smirnov, Stoli, and two others, probably. Yuck.

Pappy 23 and Pappy Rye are on the way!!! I can't fucking wait.

Into a bottle of Willett Pot Still now. My place was out of Rowan Creek, but this one is same price range and quite nice

I really like bulleit. Quick question though, how do you guys pronounce it?

Back