• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

bullet.gif

:couch:

It's disappointing how little shelf space is given to bourbon in Long Island. I would negrep Nassau County if I could.

I've not had much luck in liquor stores since I moved to LI with bourbon selection either. All the liquor stores I've encountered are fairly small and you're right about the bourbon vs vodka selections. I did get a liter of Bulleit rye for a good price the other month.

I'm getting a few tasty things when I'm home in NC for Christmas though fo sho.

Last edited:
What's disappointing is just how much space is given to Vodka in every store I've ever been in. How many different brands of "I'm not a man, even if I do have a penis" flavored Vodka do you need?

Neg repped for finding vodka unmanly. And flavored vodka can be the shit, depending on what / how it's infused.

Neg repped for finding vodka unmanly. And flavored vodka can be the shit, depending on what / how it's infused.

I don't find Vodka unmanly. I find "I'm not a man, even if I do have a penis" flavored Vodka unmanly. Negrep away though if you need 30 different fruity flavors of Vodka to liven up your Cosmo.

Last edited:
Me, my dad, and both of my brothers all had the Maker's Mark gift set with the fifth of maker's under the tree for Christmas. My brothers and I also got 2 minis in our stockings.

Bump. Can't let the scotch thread be higher than this one.

Planning on drinking some of the Single Oak #67 tonight. Excited to have found out earlier today that the #67 is a rye'd bourbon and the barrel is from the top half of the tree (all odd-numbered whiskies are from top tree halves). I'll have to find another bottle some time to compare.

Bump. Can't let the scotch thread be higher than this one.

Planning on drinking some of the Single Oak #67 tonight. Excited to have found out earlier today that the #67 is a rye'd bourbon and the barrel is from the top half of the tree (all odd-numbered whiskies are from top tree halves). I'll have to find another bottle some time to compare.

Where are you located. I have two of the single oak's in my bar at home. Neither of them are the #67

Equally excited to remember that Stagg is a #1 mash bill bourbon (same as Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare). Shit's gonna be crazy.

Continuing my bottom shelf exploration I picked up a bottle of Old Crow Reserve. I think it was $9.95. It's good, plenty of flavor, maybe a tad sweet.

I have a polish client who sends me zubrowka every year. Who would think that bison grass vodka would be good, but it's pretty awesome.

Anyone else hit up the Patterson House during their Nashville trip? Their New Years menu was awesome - they even had a Pappy tasting flight with the 15, 20, 23, and the Rye.

They also had the best tater tots I've ever had. Good stuff.

Back