• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I like Jeffersons Reserve better than Pappy. It won a blind taste test we did at the Brown Hotel in Louisville with some of the best bourbons around including pappy. Good times.

I like Jeffersons Reserve better than Pappy. It won a blind taste test we did at the Brown Hotel in Louisville with some of the best bourbons around including pappy. Good times.

Now you are just being a bragging bragger. ;) What a fun time that must have been? Great hotel with great bourbons...damn.

I've posted that story before, I think on this very thread...that was a good weekend. Just lucked into the bourbon tastes. I love Louisville and Kentucky in general. Highs and lows, strikes and gutters

Was drinking Hirsch 20 year tonight. Never had it before, but that is some damn fine whiskey.

Seems like a bargain to me. After shipping it should be 14.50 (I think, kind of drunk). I am willing to roll the dice on some whiskey stones under $15.

On this topic, I got some of the huge ice cube trays from williams and sonoma and they work quite well, in a scotch they give just enough water without diluting the whiskey in a negative way. I would buy them again.

Seems like a bargain to me. After shipping it should be 14.50 (I think, kind of drunk). I am willing to roll the dice on some whiskey stones under $15.

On this topic, I got some of the huge ice cube trays from williams and sonoma and they work quite well, in a scotch they give just enough water without diluting the whiskey in a negative way. I would buy them again.

I picked some up. Still like a little water and a little more cold, so I add a few stones and one cube. Seems to work pretty well compared to adding 2 cubes in the past.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Bluegrass Deac's wedding reception was at the Brown Hotel. Nice place.

Bought a bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch last night. Not bad, not bad. Takes a little more water (two cubes instead of one) to smooth out than the Elijah and Basil I've been drinking lately.

I had too much bourbon last night. If there is such a thing.

Got to sample some really excellent bourbons and ryes, however. I really enjoyed the blended Bourye from High West, the Jefferson's Reserve Rye, and a few others that I sadly will never remember.

Love the Bourye. Usually have a bottle at home, but ran out a couple of weeks ago and haven't had a chance to restock.

I had too much bourbon last night. If there is such a thing.

Got to sample some really excellent bourbons and ryes, however. I really enjoyed the blended Bourye from High West, the Jefferson's Reserve Rye, and a few others that I sadly will never remember.

Went to High West a couple weeks ago for dinner. Great place. The Bourye was flowin' like wine.

Was drinking Pappy 20 yr tonight, which was super. Then I had a Willett rye distilled in 1984 that just blew my fucking socks off. Amazing. Great night.

Back