• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

We drank Evan Williams green label almost exclusively throughout college.

My grandpa drank Evan Williams exclusively. Had a briefcase that he travelled with specifically to carry his manhattan necessities, including his EW.

Sounds like my roommates dad and Popov. Dude is rich as hell but just really loves his Popov.

The Bulleit Rye is hitting me hard this morning

Happy Van Winkle Family Reserve, says my wife the bourbon drinker.I'm a martini guy myself.

Fascinating. I know one or two female scotch drinkers, but none who likes the taste of bourbon. Hats off.

To bring this thread full circle, I had Knob Creek last night for the first time in a long time. Very nice.

Fascinating. I know one or two female scotch drinkers, but none who likes the taste of bourbon. Hats off.

To bring this thread full circle, I had Knob Creek last night for the first time in a long time. Very nice.

My wife is a bourbon drinker. I have mine with an ice cube. She drinks hers neat. She's a badass.

WakeLaw2006 is a bourbon drinker occasionally as well. She is also a badass.

Pappy 15 year

je3y2u2y.jpg

yesterday's advent whiskey was Eradour 10 yr scotch. It wasn't my favorite, but it was ok. Had a unique flavour that reminded me more of a sipping rum than a scotch, but it a little strange. Likely wouldn't buy if I found it in a store.

Today's is Deanston 12 yr scotch (which I'm sipping on as I type). It's very light, very "zesty" and citrusy. Not my favorite of the box, but it's really pretty good. I would buy if I came across it and the price was right.

I think I had the best bourbon I've ever had tonight. Parker's Heritage Reserve 27 yr. It was flat out incredible. It was everything I look for in a whiskey. Hot, smooth, deep flavor, full body. Just awesome.

That is a good bourbon. My favorite Parker's Heritage Collection (PHC) is still the PHC 10 year old wheated bourbon they did a couple of years ago. Shows that Heaven Hill can produce a terrific, well-aged wheated bourbon and makes me question why the hell they ruined the Old Fitzgerald line when they can produce stuff like that!

My favorite bourbon is still an unchillfiltered Pappy Van Winkle 23 single barrel that a private group did several years ago. Unbelievably good.

Had a large amount of Angel's Envy last night. really really good stuff

Went with a bottle of Four Roses OESQ single barrel last night and then a Willett 8 yr. wheated bourbon while watching the Falcons with my dad and brother. Tonight I'm going with another Willett, but a 9 yr. selection.

Went with a bottle of Four Roses OESQ single barrel last night and then a Willett 8 yr. wheated bourbon while watching the Falcons with my dad and brother. Tonight I'm going with another Willett, but a 9 yr. selection.

i'm a big fan of the Willett bourbons

Yeah, I like Willett a lot. I have 4 bottles kicking around at home now, one of which is a diesel 139 proof.

i'm a big fan of the Willett bourbons

Yeah, I like Willett a lot. I have 4 bottles kicking around at home now, one of which is a diesel 139 proof.

The one I'm drinking tonight comes in at 128.9 pf but drinks closer to 110 pf.

Do you know the provenance of the bottles that you have? Age? Barrels? Rye/Bourbon? The whole Kentucky Bourbon Distillers thing (who bottle barrels/batches under the Willett label) is pretty interesting.

Last edited:
I'd have to look. One of them is a rye, which I really like. I'll report back once I get back home later this week.

I did pick up a Woodford reserve masters collection four wood this afternoon. Haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to it tomorrow. Drinking Balvenie Doublewood tonight, which is a standard fav.

Three Old Fashions tonight with the three options I had in the house. Maker's 46, Bulleit Rye, and Woodford Reserve. None are on my favorites list, so I decided to make cocktails instead of drinking over a cube.

I'd have to look. One of them is a rye, which I really like. I'll report back once I get back home later this week.

I did pick up a Woodford reserve masters collection four wood this afternoon. Haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to it tomorrow. Drinking Balvenie Doublewood tonight, which is a standard fav.

Yeah I had a bottle of Willett rye that I strung out a good 6 months because I didn't want it to end

Yeah I had a bottle of Willett rye that I strung out a good 6 months because I didn't want it to end

Most (not all) of the Willett rye was distilled by a distillery called LDI and obviously bottled at barrel strength as single barrel selections. Bulleit Rye and most of the High West rye selections (among many others) are also sourced from LDI, so it's similar whiskey although admittedly of varying proofs and batched differently.

Back