• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Which was your fave?

Next week I going to go back through and make a list, but there are two that stick out from memory.

A $600 bottle of scotch? Ugh, white people.

Yeah, silly stuff. But I'm not going to begrudge someone for paying that. I certainly wouldn't, but far be it for me to tell someone else how to spend their coin.

My dad opened his tasting set with the drams of different scotches.....I guess I'm not used to the more high end stuff because that shit was strong.

One sip cleared my sinuses in a few seconds...but I had difficulty tasting much difference among the different ones I tried.

After I showed my mom what I was getting my dad from the Master Of Malt site she went and bought me 8 different drams....so we all tasted the different ones...fun stuff but not sure I'm ready to spend that much money if I can't really taste the difference beyond strong hints of certain overpowering flavors.

My wife picked up a bottle of this as a Christmas present since I'd never tried it. Looking forward to breaking into it.
5yqapemy.jpg

Larceny was pretty good. It started off almost sweet and finished with the kick of the 92 proof. Not bad, and I'll definitely add it to the rotation.

Tried Rittenhouse 25 yr Rye tonight and it is spectacular. Really something special.

Great choice. I've only had it once because I'm not anxious to drop that amount of cash, but it is a great whiskey. I'm going with an Old Weller Antique (OWA) private single barrel tonight. Very tasty.

anyone have any thought on rock hill farms single barrel?

My wife is a bourbon drinker. I have mine with an ice cube. She drinks hers neat. She's a badass.

WakeLaw2006 is a bourbon drinker occasionally as well. She is also a badass.

More than occasionally :) But your wife is more of a badass than me - I go ice cube as well.

anyone have any thought on rock hill farms single barrel?

I'm a fan of it and typically have a bottle around although I think it is a little overpriced. As is the case with all single barrel selections, some bottles are better than others. All in all it's a solid bourbon and is in a cool decanter.

Picked up a bootle of Larceny to try after seeing it in this thread. Also, since I'm in VA for the holidays, picked up some local Bowman Brothers Small Batch on a whim. Enjoyed the nightcap last night, but will give a better report sometime when I'm not drinking it following a bottle of Prosecco.

Back