• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Picked up some Templeton Rye the other day and it's quite good. The rye is definitely up front, though not as overpowering as in Whistlepig, and it is very smooth. Definitely recommend if you can find it.

The lady got me a bottle of Willet Single Batch for xmas - pretty spectacular. And to top if off, she's steeping some home-made bitters. Win.

One of my best friends and coworkers just scored us each a bottle of Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye which apparently is very difficult to find and was just named World Whiskey of the Year. Very intrigued.

Picked up a bootle of Larceny to try after seeing it in this thread. Also, since I'm in VA for the holidays, picked up some local Bowman Brothers Small Batch on a whim. Enjoyed the nightcap last night, but will give a better report sometime when I'm not drinking it following a bottle of Prosecco.

What'd you think? I'm about to break into some more.

What'd you think? I'm about to break into some more.

Haven't opened it yet. Stuck with the Bowman Brothers for New Years and have been sick and/or out with friends since then.i

One of my best friends and coworkers just scored us each a bottle of Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye which apparently is very difficult to find and was just named World Whiskey of the Year. Very intrigued.

That is very good stuff, and defs not all that easy to find. I'm pretty sure I saw some at Acadiana the other night, and I think Bourbon in Glover Park has some as well. Finding it in a store at this point in the year is going to be damn near impossible, so kudos to your friend.

Going with some Old Weller Antique private barrel, Willett private barrel and Eagle Rare 101 Lawrenceburg...the good stuff. The Eagle Rare is on the second shelf down in this pic...this is about a third of my bourbon.

uryhuvep.jpg

Last edited:
what are you a distributor? why do you have so much? end of days?

Going with some Old Weller Antique private barrel, Willett private barrel and Eagle Rare 101 Lawrenceburg...the good stuff. The Eagle Rare is on the second shelf down in this pic...this is about a third of my bourbon.

uryhuvep.jpg

What. The. Fuck.

Share the wealth bro.

I have a new best friend, even if he doesn't know it yet.

around 100 bottles is only one third of your stash?

While I am insanely jealous of all of that, what is the purpose of maintaining that amount of bourbon?

I just enjoy good bourbon and have acquired some great bottles over the years. I am in the process of getting rid of bottles that I don't drink...I gave a bunch to my girlfriend's brother at Christmas.

I enjoy sipping bourbon and don't really mix it much. Any bottle that is open is available to any friend that drops in, except Pappy 23. My dad, brother, and I always have a pour of that on the Fourth of July, so it's off limits. Anyone in the area is always welcome to stop by!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I just enjoy good bourbon and have acquired some great bottles over the years. I am in the process of getting rid of bottles that I don't drink...I gave a bunch to my girlfriend's brother at Christmas.

I enjoy sipping bourbon and don't really mix it much. Any bottle that is open is available to any friend that drops in, except Pappy 23. My dad, brother, and I always have a pour of that on the Fourth of July, so it's off limits. Anyone in the area is always welcome to stop by!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You do know that in the interest of Big 4 relations and all that, you could give a bottle or 3 to, oh say, some Wolfpack person?

Where do you live? I've got to rent a moving truck next week anyway. I'll swing by and pick up the extra...to distribute to all the bourbon lovers here of course.

Back