• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

oh man, just found another spot right by me with a great selection: http://www.winehouse.com/result.php?s=nc,BOURBON&d=LIQUOR

bears and deacs - they've got a couple Old Fitzgerald's (100 proof for $17.99), 12 year ($35.99)

Personally I'd pass on both of those, but taste is subjective. The last time I had Old Fitz BiB it wasn't as bad as I remembered. I just don't think Heaven Hill has done justice to the Old Fitz name.

ah no worries - anything else catch your eye on their availability?

Per Makers Mark, due to overwhelming comments from their Ambassadors, they're switching back to the original proof. Fans said they'd rather deal with occasional outages than change the proof.

you guys weren't lying, this OW 107 is ridiculous at a $22 price point

This guy is a complete asshat (he is a scotch guy, after all) but there's some good info here. His videos make me laugh.

He is that drunk relative who is unsettling, but the only one who is willing to get blasted with you.

Tried some William Larue Weller Bourbon last night. It was very good. Very. A little spendy for the glass, but definitely a good bourbon.

Tried some William Larue Weller Bourbon last night. It was very good. Very. A little spendy for the glass, but definitely a good bourbon.

WLW is the only one of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (BTAC) for which I actually look. The 2007 bottling is my favorite.

No Stagg?

I personally prefer wheaters, which is evident with my love for Old Weller Antique. If I came across a Stagg I'd buy one, but I don't actively look for it. I know others that go out of their way to find Stagg and leave WLW on the shelf. Here's my order of preference:

WLW (William Larue Weller)
GTS (George T. Stagg)
Saz18 (Sazerac 18)
ER17 (Eagle Rare 17)
THH (Thomas H. Handy)

I like the Handy, but it's $80 for a 7/8 year rye whiskey. I just wish it was a little older and I'd put it a little higher, although I'll probably replace it when my current bottle is empty.

The Saz18 and ER17 are the only ones that aren't barrel proof, but they are very aged. A lot of people complain about the price of those for 90 proof whiskey. I think WLW and GTS are worth the price because of the combination of proof and age.

pamytu7u.jpg

Picked this up tonight on sale for $19. Anyone had it? 10 year, single barrel, bonded, nice looking bottle though it's plastic twist off rather than a cork.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361324295408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361324295408.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
pamytu7u.jpg

Picked this up tonight on sale for $19. Anyone had it? 10 year, single barrel, bonded, nice looking bottle though it's plastic twist off rather than a cork.

I had a bottle recently and wasn't very impressed.

I have a bottle but haven't opened it. It's a 10 year, but only $19...read that any way you'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As $20 bottles go, it doesn't seem too bad so far. My problem is that I have $50 taste (damn you Elijah Craig 18) so all of these "bargain" bottles are somewhat meh.

I knew that there was a Bulleit 10 yr, but I'd never seen it until tonight. It was like $50, and I didn't feel like taking a flyer on it. Anyone had it?

Back