• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

As $20 bottles go, it doesn't seem too bad so far. My problem is that I have $50 taste (damn you Elijah Craig 18) so all of these "bargain" bottles are somewhat meh.

If you want something that is the same recipe but don't want Elijah Craig 12, I'd suggest Evan Williams BiB. You'll never confuse it with EC18, but it's a decent bourbon for what it is. I keep a bottle in my fridge year round. Another good Heaven Hill product is Heaven Hill BiB (6yr).

Both of these fall into the "value" side rather than premium, but aren't bad. If you pick one up and don't care for it, either one also makes a great mixer.

Last edited:
If you want something that is the same recipe but don't want Elijah Craig 12, I'd suggest Evan Williams BiB. You'll never confuse it with EC18, but it's a decent bourbon for what it is I keep a bottle in my fridge year round. Another good Heaven Hill product is Heaven Hill BiB (6yr).

Both of these fall into the "value" side rather than premium, but aren't bad. If you pick one up and don't care for it, either one also makes a great mixer.

Thanks. I'll have to search the website to see what the local ABC stores have. I've never been that impressed with the selection here in Mecklenburg county unfortunately.

Thanks. I'll have to search the website to see what the local ABC stores have. I've never been that impressed with the selection here in Mecklenburg county unfortunately.

Make a trip to Rock Hill or Fort Mill. You should find a better selection and keep your eyes open for dusties! (Dusties are old bourbon bottles and typically out of production stuff.)

Make a trip to Rock Hill or Fort Mill. You should find a better selection and keep your eyes open for dusties! (Dusties are old bourbon bottles and typically out of production stuff.)

I'll be in Fort Mill all weekend - where do you recommend?

This has more to do with Scotch than Bourbon, but has anyone here ever been to Ralfy's site? He has over 340 video reviews of mostly Scotch, but a little bourbon, rye, Irish, etc. as well. He's a quirky guy from Glasgow, Scotland, and his reviews are pretty entertaining for the most part.

http://www.whiskyreviews.blogspot.com/

Cheers!
uguze9e8.jpg

My favorite and what I drank before my wedding.

Do they have they single barrel up that way? If so, I'll grab some next time I visit family. I can only find small batch around Charlotte.

Do they have they single barrel up that way? If so, I'll grab some next time I visit family. I can only find small batch around Charlotte.

Racer, check out some stores just south of the border...I'm sure you can find it. Or you can PM me if you want to try some different stuff.

My favorite and what I drank before my wedding.

I'll bring some single barrel cask strength selections up during football season!

Here are my single barrel bottles. The two on the far right are the off the shelf single barrels.

5etuvu4e.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bring some single barrel cask strength selections up during football season!

Here are my single barrel bottles. The two on the far right are the off the shelf single barrels.

5etuvu4e.jpg

Geez man, either you have a ton of coin or you don't spend your dough on anything else. I've honestly never seen anything quite like your collection and yes I'm jealous, but in a good way.

At a buddy's house for a bourbon get together this evening. His collection makes mine look like crap. This is what he set out for us (and everyone brings a bottle or two).

qazaveqy.jpg

Hey Bears and Deacs have you ever mixed the BT WHUT DAWG with rootbeer? And if yes, would you agree that it tastes exactly like a rootbeer float?

Bears... enjoying my first bottle of Weller 12 tonight. Its almost a little too smooth for me

Bears... enjoying my first bottle of Weller 12 tonight. Its almost a little too smooth for me

Agree...that's why I mix it at a 1:1 ratio with OWA, as I've mentioned before The higher proof of the OWA really helps the Weller 12, and the age of the Weller 12 rounds out the OWA.

I knew that there was a Bulleit 10 yr, but I'd never seen it until tonight. It was like $50, and I didn't feel like taking a flyer on it. Anyone had it?

did you try it? i saw it at my new local spot and its on sale for $39.99... was thinking of trying it out myself?

Back