• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Sipping on Makers and Diet right now. It's what we have at my house.

I think it'll be Blanton's for me tonight.

Anyone had Jefferson's 18 Presidential? My wife got me some a few months ago, it was love at first site. That and Pappy 20 are probably the best I've had.

The beach ABC had Evan Williams Honey with a $5 rebate, so I bought a bottle to try - I think the honey way overpowers the bourbon, but the end result is it's way drinkable, if a bit sweet. I need to try it with unsweet tea, I think that'd be money.
The taste is probably what people think mead is like.

We asked them on the tour how they distill the honey varieties and the response surprised us. They still make the bourbon as they normally would, but after its batched they'll infuse honey flavoring. Any other process and they'd no longer be able to call it bourbon.

Well that's something, I guess. I was thinking it was whatever spillage they mopped up and the honey was to cover up the below average taste. I feel better about liking it now :D

Since most of the bourbons are aged 6-10 years, we asked if they had mixed in the honey years ago hoping it would taste good once it came out. Doing so would no longer classify it as a bourbon though, so thats why they inject it afterwards and can still call it a bourbon. Its crazy the amount of stuff they inject into it trying to create new flavors.

Of all the bourbons we tried, Jim Beam Red Stag was the only one I refused to try and apparently the Beam guy said its one of their more popular varieties.

Red Stag is awful. I also really don't like the honey bourbons.

Is red stag the one kidrock endorses?

Also fuck Wright Thompson, can't find a bottle of Pappy anywhere in NYC thanks to that Simmons-slurping asshat.

I really like this elmer t lee I've been working on recently

Red Stag tastes exactly like something that you think somebody like Kid Rock would endorse.

Someone who is so drunk and high their taste buds cannot register with their brain?

Of the American Honey brands, I like the Jack Daniels and the Evan Williams the best.

Someone who is so drunk and high their taste buds cannot register with their brain?

And the type of thing that you'd slip to little mary sue jones so that she'll go for a romp in the back seat.

I'm really not a fan of any of the honey whiskeys I've tried. They're always too sweet and syrupy.

And I've been wondering about Red Stag. I haven't had the chance to try it, but I just can't imagine that it doesn't suck.

Had some Booker's this past Tuesday - Excellent.

Not bourbon, but I have a buddy who is a big fan of irish whiskey for whatever reason. Bought him a fifth of 12 yr Redbreast for a favor last week.

Not really an expert in that area but he was pretty psyched to get it. I'll have to check it out and report back.

I recently finished a liter of Paddy Irish Whiskey that I was given that I liked pretty well. I understand that it has just been made available in America fairly recently.

Back