• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Wild Turkey has new labels, and their 80 has changed to 81. Solid bourbon.

6yi52f.jpg

Email I just received. Just wanted to humble brag about how awesome that trip was.

Sadly, the only bourbon they had in St Lucia was Jim Beam White Label. Therefore, I lived on Johnny Walker Black/Gold.

Which is the humble brag? The part about the bourbon trail or the part about St. Lucia?

Seriously though, I've got to do the BT. Sounds awesome.

Which is the humble brag? The part about the bourbon trail or the part about St. Lucia?

Seriously though, I've got to do the BT. Sounds awesome.

I guess it could be for both :noidea:

Seriously though, I'd recommend the bourbon trail to any guy I know. Its a great thing to do with some close guy friends, whether it be old classmates or just some people you run around with now. We had a blast.

Buckets - head to Fette Sau in Williamsburg ... they have the best bourbon collection in the city. The top, top shelf there is all bottles they buy at auctions and is generally 35 to 50+ years old.

It's probably the best BBQ in NYC too. Definitely worth a trip. Bring some boys, get a few whiskey flights, a growler of one of the micro-brews on tap and pig out.

3424713276_bdb027edb2_b.jpg

Wow. Might be the only excuse to go to Brooklyn.

It's my birthday on Sunday. I'm thinking of gifts to ask for from TWToy.

How about some different types of Whiskey, scotch, bourbon? and some glasses and maybe whiskey stones?

I'd like to keep it all under $100, but could probably stretch it to $150. I'm not really sure what I like, which is why I would be game for a variety of spirits.

Get a couple different bottles of some of the shit mentioned in this thread. In that range you could probably get 2 or 3. Bourbon-wise I'd recommend Jefferson's Reserve...about $50/bottle and excellent. I wouldn't get glasses or stones. You can get those in a bottle deal at the liquor store, any cheap store, thrift, garage sale, etc.

Get a couple different bottles of some of the shit mentioned in this thread. In that range you could probably get 2 or 3. Bourbon-wise I'd recommend Jefferson's Reserve...about $50/bottle and excellent. I wouldn't get glasses or stones. You can get those in a bottle deal at the liquor store, any cheap store, thrift, garage sale, etc.

Ah ok. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm also looking at beer making kits. If I could make my own Imperial IPAs...

If you've never tried Blanton's, that has to be on the list. It's around $50.00

I had a couple of glasses of the Redbreast Irish Whiskey I gave my friend. That stuff is damn good. While not as tasty as some bourbons, it is unbelievably smooth.

Breaking out a bottle of Fightin' Cock for the game this weekend in CLT!!! By the way that sh#t is horrible. But seriously, I am loading up on mini bottles of bourbon to take in with me.

TW, I'd highly recommend trying a bottle of High West Bourye. I'm in love with this stuff right now. Runs aroun $65. And any of the Hudson offerings, such as the Manhattan Rye, the Baby Bourbon or the Single Malt Whiskey are great, but they are all around $50 for a .375, so less bang for your buck. Redbreast is one of my favorite whiskeys in the world, mainly for its smoothness, but I'd recommend asking for something a little different/more interesting.

Ah ok. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm also looking at beer making kits. If I could make my own Imperial IPAs...

If you haven't had much Scotch and don't want to spend too much, I'd recommend the Balvenie Doublewood and either the Laphroaig 10 or Ardbeg 10. The Balvenie is a Highlands region Scotch and has sweet, bourbony taste to it. The other two are Islay region Scotches and have a less sweet, peatier taste.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Definitely going to check these out.

I mostly drink Maker's but two other good one's that are good sipping bourbons are Bulleit and Blanton's.

Likely not in the price range you laid out but my go to bourbons:

Standard = makers - solid, tasty, smooth.

Special = Blanton's - expensive, delicious, worth every penny.

If anyone puts something other than ice or a dash of sweeth vermouth in blantons, it is a defense to murder if you kill them for it.

If anyone puts something other than ice or a dash of sweeth vermouth in blantons, it is a defense to murder if you kill them for it.

This can go for most single barrel bourbon. It kills me when I see nice whiskey drowned in coke\sprite, etc. LeftCoastDeac has a nightmare story where someone in a bar mixed coke and pappy 23 year.

This can go for most single barrel bourbon. It kills me when I see nice whiskey drowned in coke\sprite, etc. LeftCoastDeac has a nightmare story where someone in a bar mixed coke and pappy 23 year.

Yeah...british couple was drinking high end whiskeys at the Belmont in Charleston. The girl was complaining about the taste of the 23 year pappy which pours at $50/glass at said location. Asked the bartender for a coke who, while discouraging her to mix, obliged. The wench mixed the two together and said "So that's what this drink was missing."

The boyfriend was in totally agreement, much to the dismay of everyone that witnessed the event.

That said, I'm working on getting tickets to a Bourbon seminar led by Julian himself.

Will report back tomorrow on whether or not I have success.

Yeah...british couple was drinking high end whiskeys at the Belmont in Charleston. The girl was complaining about the taste of the 23 year pappy which pours at $50/glass at said location. Asked the bartender for a coke who, while discouraging her to mix, obliged. The wench mixed the two together and said "So that's what this drink was missing."

The boyfriend was in totally agreement, much to the dismay of everyone that witnessed the event.

Good lord. :rulz:

eagle rare 10 year is much much better than makers. makers is an overpriced blend, you pay for the marketing of the bottle. for a high end you cannot beat eagle rare's 17 year for really pricey or elijah 18 for moderately pricey (shit it is only 10 bucks more than makers).

Someone who is so drunk and high their taste buds cannot register with their brain?

Of the American Honey brands, I like the Jack Daniels and the Evan Williams the best.

Jack Daniels is not bourbon.

Back