• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Cool article on Grantland. Sean Brock is a badass. I'm star-struck every time I see him around town. LOOOOVE Husk, too.

Anyway, I finally found a restaurant that had some Pappy stashed and went with the 20 year. Best bourbon I've ever had. The also had some 23year, but they were selling that at $60/shot - had to pass.

I'm pissed I'm late to this thread.

Woodford is my go to as an inexpensive, but decent bourbon. Blanton's is probably my favorite, but I'm also a fan of 1792 and Elijah Craig.

Yea it's Friday!!!!

Friday is late lunch (great meatball sandwich) and three triple Knob Creeks. Well they would be triples at most places. At our place, they are called singles.

I always chuckle when someone orders a double there.

Cool article on Grantland. Sean Brock is a badass. I'm star-struck every time I see him around town. LOOOOVE Husk, too.

Anyway, I finally found a restaurant that had some Pappy stashed and went with the 20 year. Best bourbon I've ever had. The also had some 23year, but they were selling that at $60/shot - had to pass.

Yeah, I'm guessing the chances of me getting some are slim to none. They probably have a few bottles at most and the thing starts tonight. Not good.

80 proof wild turkey is the best at that price if you want a good cheap bourbon. I don't get the love for Woodford Reserve on here. It's crap.

I'm pissed I'm late to this thread.

Woodford is my go to as an inexpensive, but decent bourbon. Blanton's is probably my favorite, but I'm also a fan of 1792 and Elijah Craig.

I didn't include Woodford's because here it only costs about $25-28/bottle. it's below the $30-40 threshhold.

Woodford's is good, but in the same price range I like Knob Creek a lot better.

80 proof wild turkey is the best at that price if you want a good cheap bourbon. I don't get the love for Woodford Reserve on here. It's crap.

80 proof Turkey is for wusses. You might as well get Kid Rock's girlie flavored bourbon.

There's virtually no price difference between the 80 and 101 Turkey. Why ever go for the 80?

Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek, Eagle Rare...all way better than Woodfords Reserve. I will now stop my Woodfords bashing.

I didn't include Woodford's because here it only costs about $25-28/bottle. it's below the $30-40 threshhold.

Woodford's is good, but in the same price range I like Knob Creek a lot better.

I got to do the Woodford tour in KY when we went... so awesome. I love the $1,000 Mint Julep promo they do

80 proof Turkey is for wusses. You might as well get Kid Rock's girlie flavored bourbon.

There's virtually no price difference between the 80 and 101 Turkey. Why ever go for the 80?

Just sayin because I figured the Woodfords reppers would be scurred of the 101. I agree the 101 is great. Rare Breed, 107-110 barrel proof is good too, but I'd probably get something different in that price range next time.

Last edited:
Goes to show you how different tastes work. I don't get the love for Knob. To each his own.

To help me decide my next sampling - NC ABC stock list, calculated price per liter and Wine Enthusiast rating of at least 90:

bourbon.gif

I have a bottle of 12 yr Van Winkle special reserve that I am enjoying. I have not been able to find any pappy in my area.

I love Woodford. Don't understand the hate.

Also, Rare Breed is freaking incredible. And the bottle looks like a turkey, which is sweet. Always have thought it's really cool how on the nice bottles they hand-write the batch numbers, proof, etc. So cool that the proof can vary considerably on batches of Rare Breed, depending on how it's made.

Back