• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I liked Jefferson Reserve as much if not better than PVW in a blind taste test. Easier to find. It's great. Try it.

15 year is good, but other options I like more at that price level
20 year is GODGODGODGODGOD
23 year is really expensive and not a huge difference from 20 year

It cannot be stated enough how GODGODGODGODGODGOD the 20 year is

Pappy sounds awesome, but what is the best Bourbon between 25-50 dollars? My favorite is a tie between Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare, but my taste is obviously limited to the top shelf of the local Winston ABC store.

Pappy sounds awesome, but what is the best Bourbon between 25-50 dollars? My favorite is a tie between Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare, but my taste is obviously limited to the top shelf of the local Winston ABC store.

I like Baker's; smooth for a high proof whiskey. Blanton's is also very good, but may be slightly over that price range.

I've been finding myself drinking this more and more lately:
four-roses-small-batch-new.jpg

Just got my first bottle of Four Roses small batch - it's very good, especially for the money. Also good are Rowan's Creek which is made in the same place as Willet (also awesome). Nice and cheap.

Blanton's is pricey and delicious.

Blanton's is pricey and delicious.

It's great neat or on the rocks, one of my favorites.

Keep in mind that it's very delicate and doesn't hold up as well in drinks like an Old Fashioned ... I prefer something with a bit bigger bite for that.

I like Bullitt for making Old fashioneds or manhattans.

Yall gotta try Black Maple Hill eventually.

It's great neat or on the rocks, one of my favorites.

Keep in mind that it's very delicate and doesn't hold up as well in drinks like an Old Fashioned ... I prefer something with a bit bigger bite for that.

You ever try making a Rye Old Fashioned with either Bulleit Rye or Old Overholdt? Both are excellent.

And if there are any Boston folks out there, I had an Old Fashioned at Drink that was one of the best I've ever had. Very cool place.

HD 1 in Atlanta makes a "new fashioned" and it is most impressive (they use blackberries instead of cherries).

Uses Knob Creek I think, which is actually one of the bourbons I like the least, but its still a helluva cocktail.

Has anyone tried Beam's "Devil's Cut"? Worth trying?

don't know much about VW, but I'm on my to having a 1/2 pound teriyaki cheeseburger and a couple of huge Knob Creeks (at least one will be free)...

I pretty much hate any Old Fashioned with fruit in it minus a typical garnish.

^^^Its a beautiful thing. The 16 year old batch, which runs about $130, is orgasmic.

don't know much about VW, but I'm on my to having a 1/2 pound teriyaki cheeseburger and a couple of huge Knob Creeks (at least one will be free)...

You gotta tell me where these places are....

Blanton's is fantastic plus the little horse on top makes it one of the cooler bottles.

Back