Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262267268269270271272
Results 5,421 to 5,432 of 5432

Thread: Good bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    Wonder what Bears and Deacs had last night? And then into the morning?
    Had a few pours of this one after the game. Thankfully my first meeting today wasn’t until 12:30.

Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    Help!! Not a bourbon guy, more of a single malt guy but I'd like to get a good bottle for when my bourbon buddies stop by.
    Someone suggested Woodford Reserve. Would that work or is there a better choice in that price range? Thanks.
    Probably late for advice but here are my thoughts. In the $25 - $50ish price range I'd say Four Roses Single Barrel (should be $45ish....the Small Batch is $35ish), Wild Turkey 101 (should be $25ish), Maker's Mark Cask Strength ($50 - $55ish...also a lot of store picks out there that can be interesting...FAE-01 is the current one that I would say to buy if you find it), Old Forester 1920 ($60ish)...and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting. WT101 has been my daily pour for a couple of years now.
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bears and Deacs View Post
    Probably late for advice but here are my thoughts. In the $25 - $50ish price range I'd say Four Roses Single Barrel (should be $45ish....the Small Batch is $35ish), Wild Turkey 101 (should be $25ish), Maker's Mark Cask Strength ($50 - $55ish...also a lot of store picks out there that can be interesting...FAE-01 is the current one that I would say to buy if you find it), Old Forester 1920 ($60ish)...and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting. WT101 has been my daily pour for a couple of years now.
    WT products don't get enough love. Eagle Rare is becoming harder to find in NC because people line up and hunt for anything from BT. That's OK, Russel's Reserve is a great substitute!

Quote Originally Posted by Bears and Deacs View Post
    Definitely cant go wrong with WT 101. A new low cost fav of mine is Old Tub at $23 for a 4 year 100 proof BiB and unfiltered. Yes please. And OGD 114 is a staple at my house

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Fence View Post
    Definitely cant go wrong with WT 101. A new low cost fav of mine is Old Tub at $23 for a 4 year 100 proof BiB and unfiltered. Yes please. And OGD 114 is a staple at my house
    If you're in NC, John AP Conoley bourbon isn't a bad pickup. 105 proof, aged approximately 2 years and sub $25.

Banhammer'd
    Maybe we should put a pond on Mako's land and start OGB Bourbon.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    WT products don't get enough love. Eagle Rare is becoming harder to find in NC because people line up and hunt for anything from BT. That's OK, Russel's Reserve is a great substitute!
    Russell's Reserve is one of my new favorites.
    beer and titties

All the good stuff like products from Buffalo Trace and Weller basically became completely scarce about 2 years ago and thats when I stopped buying or rather looking. Now its Bulliet for the Manhattans, and WT 101 for everything else. That said white label BIB Evan Williams is still a good alternate.

One of the local bars here has been doing “Whiskey Wednesday” where they feature different rare stuff at cost. Last night went with my dad (outside obviously) because they had Whistlepig 18. Really good but I’m also a big fan of Whistlepig in general. Great way to try something high end without spending a crazy amount.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    One of the local bars here has been doing “Whiskey Wednesday” where they feature different rare stuff at cost. Last night went with my dad (outside obviously) because they had Whistlepig 18. Really good but I’m also a big fan of Whistlepig in general. Great way to try something high end without spending a crazy amount.
    That is wild, I tried Whistlepig 18 for the first time ever last night as well at a cigar lounge in Alexandria, VA. Very damn fine RYE.
    beer and titties

I'm dipping my toe in rye. I like Bulliet rye and Rittenhouse. Tried the local Broad Branch Rye Fidelity and wasn't a fan but it made a great Old Fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    That is wild, I tried Whistlepig 18 for the first time ever last night as well at a cigar lounge in Alexandria, VA. Very damn fine RYE.
    Ha — what a coincidence!