Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248253254255256257258
Results 5,141 to 5,152 of 5152

Thread: Good bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Doing the bourbon trail mid-September for my brothers 30th birthday. Any recs?
    I really enjoyed the Maker's Mark tour. It's a surprisingly small operation and they really let you get close to the process. You don't get to taste anything particularly unique, but it's still good bourbon.

Heaven Hill (I think it's called the Bourbon Heritage Center) isn't a particularly great tour, but the premium tasting - which wasn't that expensive at all - allowed you to sample some very pricey and very unavailable (at least here in NC) bourbons.

Edited to add: Just went back and looked at some old photos and for like $25 at Heaven Hill we were able to taste Elijah Craig Single Barrel Aged 23 Years (retailed in the shop for $279.99 a fifth), William Heavenhill Small Batch Bottled-in-Bond ($129.99), Heaven Hill Select Stock ($149.99) and Larceny (which was somewhat new at the time).
    Last edited by TripleDeacon; 07-11-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for the input guys! It looks like we are going to do two tour days as follows:

Makerís Mark
    Lux Row
    Barton 1792

Woodford
    Buffalo Trace
    Stitzel-Weller

The Friday that we are doing the first tour day is also the WF/UNC football game so substantial drinking will be required. Pretty pumped up for this trip!

To my fellow NC bourbon drinkers...if you drink enough bourbon to respect values...note that in NC we are blessed to get 7 year old, 101 proof Virgin Bourbon that (1) is made by Heaven Hill and (2) may or may not be the exact same stuff as another awesome value bourbon, Old Ezra 101 7 yr old which is sadly now RIP. But you can get Old Ezra barrel proof for $39.99! (sarcastic - the 101 at 40% of the price was better). Anyway the Virgin 101 7 yr is $13.95 for a fifth (glass) or $24.95 for a handle (plastic). AND the handle is $3 off this month - $21.95. One of the best steals in bourbon you will ever find. Why is this important? Because the 7 year age statement is done - new bottles coming in are NAS. So again, smoke em while you got em.

Also, don't google 7 year old virgin unless you enjoy long talks with the FBI.

Good bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Fence View Post
    To my fellow NC bourbon drinkers...if you drink enough bourbon to respect values...note that in NC we are blessed to get 7 year old, 101 proof Virgin Bourbon that (1) is made by Heaven Hill and (2) may or may not be the exact same stuff as another awesome value bourbon, Old Ezra 101 7 yr old which is sadly now RIP. But you can get Old Ezra barrel proof for $39.99! (sarcastic - the 101 at 40% of the price was better). Anyway the Virgin 101 7 yr is $13.95 for a fifth (glass) or $24.95 for a handle (plastic). AND the handle is $3 off this month - $21.95. One of the best steals in bourbon you will ever find. Why is this important? Because the 7 year age statement is done - new bottles coming in are NAS. So again, smoke em while you got em.

Yep, great value and a great mixer. Not something to sip neat (IMO) but isnít bad over ice. Have definitely gone through some bottles over the years. Itís available in Alabama as well... not sure why they skipped over Georgia.
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

Just put together a care package for a friend:

New Riff Single Barrel - 4 years, 1 month, 112 proof

Old Forester SB - 90 proof

Barrel Bourbon SB - 14 years, 99.04 proof

Jack Daniels SB Barrel Proof - 130.9 proof

Belle Meade Cask Strength - 125.8

The JD is reeeeally good.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post

Just put together a care package for a friend:

New Riff Single Barrel - 4 years, 1 month, 112 proof

Old Forester SB - 90 proof

Barrel Bourbon SB - 14 years, 99.04 proof

Jack Daniels SB Barrel Proof - 130.9 proof

Belle Meade Cask Strength - 125.8

The JD is reeeeally good.
    I like care packages. Iíll take the JD and New Riff.
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bears and Deacs View Post
    Yep, great value and a great mixer. Not something to sip neat (IMO) but isnít bad over ice. Have definitely gone through some bottles over the years. Itís available in Alabama as well... not sure why they skipped over Georgia.
    My FIL gifted me a bottle a couple years ago. Lots of friends turn their nose up at it, but it is a pretty decent pour, especially for the price. Going to hit up the store this weekend to grab a few bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    My FIL gifted me a bottle a couple years ago. Lots of friends turn their nose up at it, but it is a pretty decent pour, especially for the price. Going to hit up the store this weekend to grab a few bottles.
    Will I find this in upstate SC?

Quote Originally Posted by DeacWatcher View Post
    Will I find this in upstate SC?
    Not sure, but if you're interested in a bottle or two, let me know.

Confirmed by Fred Minnick on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/FredMinnick/stat...92895419117573

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    Not sure, but if you're interested in a bottle or two, let me know.
    When you have tried every bourbon that exists, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    When you have tried every bourbon that exists, then what?
    Start over.