• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Not bourbon, but I have a buddy who is a big fan of irish whiskey for whatever reason. Bought him a fifth of 12 yr Redbreast for a favor last week.

Not really an expert in that area but he was pretty psyched to get it. I'll have to check it out and report back.

I recently finished a liter of Paddy Irish Whiskey that I was given that I liked pretty well. I understand that it has just been made available in America fairly recently.

Yo bro. This is the bourbon thread.

Seriously though, I also love Irish Whiskey. Paddy's is very good as is Power's. I don't personally drink Bushmills as that's Protestant whiskey.

There really should just be a whiskey thread for all types of whiskey- bourbon, scotch, irish, canadian (lol), whatever

Not bourbon, but I have a buddy who is a big fan of irish whiskey for whatever reason. Bought him a fifth of 12 yr Redbreast for a favor last week.

Not really an expert in that area but he was pretty psyched to get it. I'll have to check it out and report back.

I recently finished a liter of Paddy Irish Whiskey that I was given that I liked pretty well. I understand that it has just been made available in America fairly recently.

Redbreast is one of my favorite whiskeys of any kind. It's really fucking great.

Any luck with Whiskey Disks over Whiskey Stones? I've read a couple of forums that claim that Whiskey Disks are the better deal.

I also second the love for Pappy. Their 12 year Reserve is my favorite bourbon without question, although I've never had either of their 20+ year blends.

Is red stag the one kidrock endorses?

Also fuck Wright Thompson, can't find a bottle of Pappy anywhere in NYC thanks to that Simmons-slurping asshat.

Buckets - head to Fette Sau in Williamsburg ... they have the best bourbon collection in the city. The top, top shelf there is all bottles they buy at auctions and is generally 35 to 50+ years old.

It's probably the best BBQ in NYC too. Definitely worth a trip. Bring some boys, get a few whiskey flights, a growler of one of the micro-brews on tap and pig out.

3424713276_bdb027edb2_b.jpg

Vad.... way ahead of you. I used to live a couple blocks from there and that was a regular spot. They also have got great beer by the gallon... I always referred to it as "the bbq by the pound and beer by the gallon place"

Finally finished my fifth of Buffalo Trace. Before and after the wedding this weekend, the groomsmen and myself were passing around a fifth of Four Roses Small Batch. It was quite different from the old stuff he remembered from years ago.

Quite different good or bad? Four Roses is one of the bottles I'm considering getting next.

I like the Four Roses Small batch a lot. His memory was of the cheap yellow bottle, which he apparently drank 3/4 of a handle at one sitting back in 1978.

You'll probably like the Small Batch, it's pretty smooth, but not as smooth as the higher end bourbons.

Are you serious nomadic? Where is this?!

Just picked up a bottle of Bernheim 100% wheat wiskey yesterday. Very clean, very smooth. Similar to Makers (which has a high wheat content), but I like it a lot more than Makers. $39, so not too pricey. Definitely recommend.

Buckets - head to Fette Sau in Williamsburg ... they have the best bourbon collection in the city. The top, top shelf there is all bottles they buy at auctions and is generally 35 to 50+ years old.

It's probably the best BBQ in NYC too. Definitely worth a trip. Bring some boys, get a few whiskey flights, a growler of one of the micro-brews on tap and pig out.

3424713276_bdb027edb2_b.jpg

I thnik places should have bourbon on tap...

Just picked up a bottle of Bernheim 100% wheat wiskey yesterday. Very clean, very smooth. Similar to Makers (which has a high wheat content), but I like it a lot more than Makers. $39, so not too pricey. Definitely recommend.

Tried Bernheim last month when I was visiting Louisville, KY. Loved it! Definitely recommend as well.

Congratulations on completing the world-famous Kentucky Bourbon Trail®! We have received your completed passport and will be sending your complimentary t-shirt soon. We hope you enjoyed your journey and would like to hear more about it. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this brief online survey by clicking on the link here. Your feedback is important as we continue to make the Kentucky Bourbon Trail a fun and educational experience. Thanks for your support, and remember to always enjoy Kentucky bourbon responsibly.
Sincerely,

Eric Gregory
President
Kentucky Distillers’ Association.

Email I just received. Just wanted to humble brag about how awesome that trip was.

Sadly, the only bourbon they had in St Lucia was Jim Beam White Label. Therefore, I lived on Johnny Walker Black/Gold.

Back