• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I assume you're not in NC? How does this even work? Doesn't look like Total Wine can ship to NC anyways, so I assume we'd be out of luck.

Yeah - I think they do it on a state by state basis. I am in FL, so I believe I would be battling it out with other FL peeps and assume the odds are pretty low. It is for people that are in their top level of the rewards program. You get a code and a link that goes active at 10am on Friday. If you are quick enough, you pick the bottle you want, then hope you can check-out with it. As mentioned, I tried to buy a Pappy 20 year last year. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to navigate the site, but eventually selected one, and it put it in my on-line cart. Then the website wouldn't do anything ... a few refreshes later and I made it to the payment screen ... then it told me "sorry - not available". Talk about womp womp. We've started buying more of our wine (and some liquor) at Costco, so we probably won't be in the top tier after this year.

Fall is here...JW Dant and Larceny were along for the ride tonight to see the Deacs win.

And yeah, don’t try to overspend for 1 bottle of bourbon in the 200-300 range. Get 4 different Four Roses store picks at $50 each if you have to spend $200.

So, for the first time I "won" the lottery as part of the Meck County special bourbon release. Unfortunately, all that's left when they've gotten to my number is High West Midwinter Nights Dram ($103) or Pendleton Directors Reserve ($133).

Are either worth the price?

So, for the first time I "won" the lottery as part of the Meck County special bourbon release. Unfortunately, all that's left when they've gotten to my number is High West Midwinter Nights Dram ($103) or Pendleton Directors Reserve ($133).

I really like Midwinter Night's Dram - it's on the shelf for $99 in Denver, so that price is right at retail.

I don't know anything about Pendletons, but I generally don't like Candian Whiskey, so I'd pass on that bottle.

The Highwest Midwinter's nights dram I had was really good. I found one bottle about a year ago and haven't seen it since. I tried a Pendleton 20? It was old, just not certain how old and it was also really smooth. Not bourbon related, someone gave me a glass of Don Julio 1942 tequila. That was incredible.

So sad that is the reward for a lottery

The Highwest Midwinter's nights dram I had was really good. I found one bottle about a year ago and haven't seen it since. I tried a Pendleton 20? It was old, just not certain how old and it was also really smooth. Not bourbon related, someone gave me a glass of Don Julio 1942 tequila. That was incredible.

If you want to try an excellent tequila, El Tesoro Paradiso. It's about $125/bottle and is aged for five years in cognac casks.

Can anyone find Blanton's? Anywhere? Impossible in FL.

Do you have a Total Wine and More or Bev Mo near you? Each has Blanton's.

"Won" the opportunity to buy a bottle of Parker's Heritage Collection, release 12.

So you know for a fact that the Total Wine near him/her has Blanton's right now?

So good for you to be a douche...both carry it...if the closest one doesn't have, it's very likely they can get it quickly.

But keep being an asshole, it adds so much.

There isn’t a total wine in the South that has Blantons or anything as good as that. I don’t think it ever even gets to the stores anymore

There isn’t a total wine in the South that has Blantons or anything as good as that. I don’t think it ever even gets to the stores anymore

2 things. First, if you ask someone at Total Wine in FL (or a lot of states I'm sure) if they have Blanton's, you will probably get laughed at. Having said that, the one closest to me does get some every once in a while, and they just stick it with other special bottles at the front of the store, and it becomes first come first serve and probably disappears within a few hours. They actually even had it one of the times I was in there a while back. I passed and haven't seen any since.

So good for you to be a douche...both carry it...if the closest one doesn't have, it's very likely they can get it quickly.

But keep being an asshole, it adds so much.

So what RJ doesn’t know (before catching feelings anyway) is that different states get different allocations/distributions. It’s especially noticeable with the Buffalo trace bourbons. For example in NC they tend to pop up sporadically but in other states they’re as common as they ever were. I remember hearing at one point that Weller was everywhere in Texas while in NC it was totally gone.

Back